LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swap a chevy 350 into my 81 lac.
It's a carb 350 and my lac was a fuel inject.....do I need to buy a special fuel pump and do another fittin or just buy a fuel pump that will match with my new carbz ?

Anyone knows about that...?

Thx a lot

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fuel injection requires a lot more pressure. If you are now running a carburator you can go to a less pressure pump. Might get away with a inline pump and bypass the in tank. Or, in most cases the 350 had a manual pump on the pass front side of the block for fuel delivery.

What fuel pump are you using the original fuel injection one or the manual 350 pump?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I had to cut the old pickup tube off of the sending unit, and thel silver solder in a new (larger) pickup tube... when I did my mustang..

then I had to run new line from front to back...

the stock supply line was to small to use as a suction line...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My original pump was electrical(cadillac), I know that thers a spot on my big bloc for a manual pump (350) but someone told me I could stay with my electrikal one and buypass it ....true the fuel tank ?
is that true ?

anyone knows about this ?

thx a lot homies

:cool:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
like I said, its not really a good thing to draw gas through an existing pump, not to mention the line size will more than likely be smaller than what's required for the engine pump....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I would stick with using the stock electric pump. All i think you would need is a fuel pressure regulator and a block off for the fuel pump mount on the 350.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts