LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys hope you can help me out. I'm working on a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass and I'm working on the inner door bottoms because I have rust holes so I went a head and cut out about the middle section of the door and my patch panel only cover's a certain amount of the door and there is some still along the bottom of the door and I want to cut out the rest of the bottom of the door but before I do that I wanted to see if there was some way of making a molding of the other area's where I will be replacing the metal I thought maybe buy using some resin fiberglass and cover the area where it needs to be replaced but when I make the molding I wanted to take a sheet of metal and place it over the fiberglass molding and start forming the piece of metal over the molding by hitting it with a hammer does anybody think this might work.( And the reason why I want to do it this way is to keep the same shape of the door)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
IT WILL NOT WORK,
Get yourself a cordless sawsall or grinder, go to the junk yard and cut piece off a another door,
it will probably be easier and cheaper to buy another door,
if the work isn't done right, youll be having bigger problems once you paint it.
plus, its going to be a bitch trying to mold that shit with a hammer

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
lets see some pics ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts