LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic that's already on my indexpage for a while but maybe people didn't see it before.
I wasn't happy with the backlift and changed the pivot point using alluminium strips, result:L the car lifts the back higher.

Next thing is also featured for a while on my indexpage but maybe a good easy starter to lift the back a bit higher.

Ist made of a PVC cup with the edge cut off so you get a disc. Mount it with nuts and bolts and it does a rather good job.

Tommorow I will upload the new pics with the Relay diagram and how the car hops. ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
so the relay thing work "J"???

or is it just because its laying that high??

PEAZ AND BEANZ>??

·
Registered
744 Posts
hahha... just checking...

hahha

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
hey jev.. you got two options for the front, right? one hopping, and other lifting...... right?

how did you the electronic stuff? you used the stock channels that the car have, or you also changed there somthing....? with relays..?

maybe you can make a circuit diagram about the electronic stuff....
---
edit:

uhm, yeah cool pics! i think i know how you made it.... cant wait to get my ´67 chassis for my caprice ;)

Last edited by Cruizin´Kev at Nov 8 2003, 05:21 PM

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Nov 8 2003, 11:42 AM

Here's the diagram...a bit big tho... :biggrin:

I've mad a switch so I can choose between hop and drive (backlift, steer) and dance and drive (backlift and steer).

I also used a potmeter to control the speed of the car.
The servo moves up and down with the arms and front susp. ;)
so Jev do u still have the steerin on the car or is it a side 2 side switch now can u show a pic of your remote and front switch

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
hey jev..

when you lift the front by the servo, how you made it to stay in the lifted/lockedup postion?

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yo Tone def thanx man, it's a bit of a puzzle but when you follow all the lines and components it's not that hard to follow.
Coming up with the idea's sometimes get's me a pain in the head.

Kev, the servo is a strong little motor as you know so it wil lock up just because of that. The little spring you can see is there so the the car always get's to the highest point up front but doesn't damage the servo. ;)

I hope you all can do something with this info and hope to see some RS cars hop backbumper! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts