LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know where i can get info on how to do this myself... and what is a reasonable price on a water pump + labor

and also any help on how to replace both struts would help

gracias

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
try autozone.com, use there repair guilds theyll help ya out.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
i think it was like $180 to change mine but i did it myself and the water pump is less then 50 if i remember... its not hard at all, for me it was cause i had 2 take off some stuff 2 get to it and i had no idea wha i was doin lol but once u know wha everything is its simple...

and also make sure u get a good gasket ...i had to use some shit in a tube and so far its workd great...

autozone or some place like that sells everything u need to do the job.

if i remember mine was like...take fan conver off, fan off,something behind the fan i think its called a cluth then a wheel thing and then the water pump...then clean where the old gasket was real good...put the new gasket then water pump and other shit back in order.....oo and dont forget to drain the coolant out of the raditor drain plug.... and some will come out when u take the water pump off.....lol i learned the hard way :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by calvin@Aug 2 2003, 05:32 PM
i think it was like $180 to change mine but i did it myself and the water pump is less then 50 if i remember... its not hard at all, for me it was cause i had 2 take off some stuff 2 get to it and i had no idea wha i was doin lol but once u know wha everything is its simple...

and also make sure u get a good gasket ...i had to use some shit in a tube and so far its workd great...

autozone or some place like that sells everything u need to do the job.

if i remember mine was like...take fan conver off, fan off,something behind the fan i think its called a cluth then a wheel thing and then the water pump...then clean where the old gasket was real good...put the new gasket then water pump and other shit back in order.....oo and dont forget to drain the coolant out of the raditor drain plug.... and some will come out when u take the water pump off.....lol i learned the hard way :(
ohh shit man thanks a lot for that

im being charged $457.59 to get it done thats adding labor... but the water pump itself $130 plus i need a timing belt for $70

but damn thanks a lot for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts