LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any good websites to look at install pics??

anyone have any install pics????

thanks..

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
what are you installing it in?

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing yet....

just picked up a little project for my sister and i was thinking of bagging it...

it's a 93 dodge shadow...... :ugh:

·
14,255 Posts
your gonna want to go with strut bags for that one.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
thats one thing i wish i wouldve done, i didnt take any pics while i was installing it, i guess i was too concerned with getting it done

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by foey@Sep 16 2005, 03:48 PM~3829208
your gonna want to go with strut bags for that one.
thanks.. thats what i was wondering... the rear looks like no problem, the front was :happysad:

and MarquisPlaya, thats exactly what i deal with... i've instelled switches on multiple cars, but dont take any "during" pictures.. :twak:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I say use Cans... after all the research i've done, Cans seem the way to go because of the ease of repair and fabracation to the brackets... if anything happins to the AirStruts, then your out of a car for a couple weeks waiting to get the strut back from being repaired by AirLift. And the $$ on repair is a bit high i hear.

IMO

·
14,255 Posts
cans aren't that smooth as Strut bags though. I hear the ride is shitty, but some say it's not. I guess it's a prefference thing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by foey@Sep 19 2005, 11:30 PM~3847535
cans aren't that smooth as Strut bags though. I hear the ride is shitty, but some say it's not. I guess it's a prefference thing.
i hear the same thing, some say they like it because it's more responsive (like haveing a set of coilovers) and some say it's just to damn bumpy...

but if you want it to ride like a Caddy, i hear all you need is an Accumulator and it's all good.

We'll see after I install my shit.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 19 2005, 10:35 PM~3847549
i hear the same thing, some say they like it because it's more responsive (like haveing a set of coilovers) and some say it's just to damn bumpy...

but if you want it to ride like a Caddy, i hear all you need is an Accumulator and it's all good.

We'll see after I install my shit.
my homie had some accx in his Saturn, yes it's a SATURN... lol. He said it was still a little choppy w/the accx in there. Let me know about it though. I might bag my Honda soon or just end up juicing it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by foey@Sep 19 2005, 11:39 PM~3847581
my homie had some accx in his Saturn, yes it's a SATURN... lol. He said it was still a little choppy w/the accx in there. Let me know about it though. I might bag my Honda soon or just end up juicing it.
I looked at the Juice too... but i dont have a lot of room for batteries and shit... 1 5gal air tank and a compressor should fit fine for me.

what mainly got me away from the AirStruts, is because i can only lower my shit 4", and i'm already smackin the ground... the Airstruts go about 6" lower then stock... and there is no way to fab up anything to raise the ride height when at 0psi. (i talked to 4 diffrent companies that sell the airstruts, and AirRide them selves on fabbing some shit up, everyone said no, you can't do shit)

Thus, i decided on the Cans. nice and easy to fab up, and can get as small or as large of stroke as you want.
Nothing like sitting at a light when an F150 pulls up along side of you, you flip the switch for Max PSI, and your small-ass rice burner turns into a fucking Monster Truck 4x4, :eek: lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
USE UNIVERSAL AIR STRUT BAGS THEY WORK REALLY GOOD, THERE BAGS THAT GO OVER UR STOCK STRUT, WE SELL THEM.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 19 2005, 10:49 PM~3847670
I looked at the Juice too... but i dont have a lot of room for batteries and shit... 1 5gal air tank and a compressor should fit fine for me.

what mainly got me away from the AirStruts, is because i can only lower my shit 4", and i'm already smackin the ground... the Airstruts go about 6" lower then stock... and there is no way to fab up anything to raise the ride height when at 0psi. (i talked to 4 diffrent companies that sell the airstruts, and AirRide them selves on fabbing some shit up, everyone said no, you can't do shit)

Thus, i decided on the Cans.  nice and easy to fab up, and can get as small or as large of stroke as you want.
Nothing like sitting at a light when an F150 pulls up along side of you, you flip the switch for Max PSI, and your small-ass rice burner turns into a fucking Monster Truck 4x4,  :eek:  lol
All I need is 4 batts. The pump I was thinking of getting a whammy in there cause the bandpass tat I got (I know I know, but it was free and it does the job), fits best near the back bumper. But then I didn't like the thought of trying to clean back there.

I might do a canned ride... something different for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by KONNECTEDKONCEPTS@Sep 20 2005, 12:17 AM~3847870
USE UNIVERSAL AIR STRUT BAGS THEY WORK REALLY GOOD, THERE BAGS THAT GO OVER UR STOCK STRUT,  WE SELL THEM.
i assume your not referring to the "AirStruts" that only AirRideTech makes?

·
14,255 Posts

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 20 2005, 09:37 AM~3849546
ahh, hmm.  just checked the site and he sells the 4" and 3" regular cans as well... e-mailed to get more info!
what's the difference in EAI cylinders and them reg. cans if you've had exp. with both.

·
Registered
95 Posts
marcustoms.com he does good work checked him out twice last week hes doing some rework on my air bags and they work fine but his looks better so as soon as rita takes her bitch ass on i'm dropping off the caddy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts