LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :cheesy: !

How much can you bend 1/4" air lines (approx. bend radius) when running them through the interior of the car? The bit that might cause me problems is the step from under the rear seat to the rear floor.

Also, how much can you bend 1/2" lines? These probably won't be much of a problem, but I would be handy to know, because I would like to keep things tidy with my installation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 17 2003, 05:47 PM
Hello :cheesy: !

How much can you bend 1/4" air lines (approx. bend radius) when running them through the interior of the car? The bit that might cause me problems is the step from under the rear seat to the rear floor.

Also, how much can you bend 1/2" lines? These probably won't be much of a problem, but I would be handy to know, because I would like to keep things tidy with my installation.

ask air280 hes supply the shit..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by oneclick@Nov 17 2003, 06:12 PM
not sure on 1/2" lines... but why are you running them inside the vehicle? it is always easiest to run them along the frame rails under the car...

Jason
I'm only running the 1/4" lines through the car to the gauges under the dashboard.

The 1/2" lines I will run through the chassis.

:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jjj@Nov 17 2003, 06:22 PM

ask air280 hes supply the shit..

I presume air280 is Iain Sherriff, judging by the avatar. I've spoken to him a couple of times, but he's very busy with work (as is Ray at Rayvern), so I don't like to bother him too much. I like communicating with everyone on this forum anyway :cheesy: !

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 17 2003, 06:22 PM

1/4" will be somewhat flexible, but the 1/2" likes a big sweeping radius
That should be okay then. I was only really worried about the 1/4" lines.

:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by oneclick@Nov 17 2003, 06:31 PM

the "step" you are referring to... couldn't you just run them down the center of the car... on the hump? there shouldn't be much of a step there, just a thought...

Actually that's a good idea. I have already installed the wiring for my air suspension and stereo, which runs down either side of the transmission tunnel, so I was thinking of using the same route for the gauge lines.

With your idea I could run them onto the top of the tunnel by the rear seat, then gradually down the sides onto the floor if I need to.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts