LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to here your opinions and or facts about the internal bladder type acc.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
fact: the accumulate hydraulic fluid when system pressure rises above the precharge pressure.

:biggrin:

what kinda facts are you looking for?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
useing acc. for hopping purposes only!!

all and any info!!!

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
YEAH RITE!!!!!THOSE ARE ONLY GOOD FOR RIDE....2.5 DIAMETER
PISTON STYLE, ABOUT 12'' LONG .....PRE-CHARGED 2800 PSI,PORT THE PRESSURE SIDE TO 1/2'' PIPE AND ''Y'' IT IN THE SYSTEM....
MAKE SURE TO USE A DIRECTION CONRTOL VALVE(NEEDLE VALVE WITH A CHECK IN IT),BUT WITH CONTROLLED SIDEGOING INTO ACCUMULATOR FOR ADJUSTMENT.............................................
WE MAKE SOME JUST FOR HOPPING, WITH A PRE-SET COIL IN IT
TO HELP IN THE SLOW BUILDING OF VOLUME, THAT IS OFTEN THE TELL TALE FACT , THAT YOUR HOPPING ON ONE!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 8 2003, 10:46 PM
PISTON STYLE, ABOUT 12'' LONG .....PRE-CHARGED 2800 PSI,PORT THE PRESSURE SIDE TO 1/2'' PIPE AND ''Y'' IT IN THE SYSTEM....
MAKE SURE TO USE A DIRECTION CONRTOL VALVE(NEEDLE VALVE WITH A CHECK IN IT),BUT WITH CONTROLLED SIDEGOING INTO ACCUMULATOR FOR ADJUSTMENT.............................................
TO HELP IN THE SLOW BUILDING OF VOLUME, THAT IS OFTEN THE TELL TALE FACT , THAT YOUR HOPPING ON ONE!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
I went to your site ans didn't notice these.

Let me get this straight...

You sell the type of accumulator that collects the pressure from the return and then uses that collected fluid under pressure to release to help extend the cylinders when hopping?

I always felt these were the REAL accumulators and the other type were just liquid coils.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 8 2003, 11:46 PM
Pretty smart stuff comming out of B-magic,

I was thinking of that for some time now, just like those damn piston accumulated in tank pumps,

then you guys come along and patened it all, gotta say, Although your stuff hasn't arived at my house yet I'm VERY IMPRESSED with all these impressive posts.. :biggrin:

so 2,800psi isn't too hard?? is it much more noticable loss at 2,000psi??

and do you use the color band valves or is it not that sensitive??

man, ever since you started posting, you've opened up a whole new dimension for these pumps, I mean, any pump could potentially hit bumper, but these little patended loop holes make it dayum easier..

I think you guys should start hurdling jimmy's, that would be one heck of a fun time, prolly roll it a few times... lol...
I bet you could jump at least a 1' hurdle doing 50mph in a 4 pump jimmy... lol..

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
NAW...WE COULD JUMP 2 ONTOP OF EACH OTHER.....BUT ,TO TONY FIRST.....YOU JUMPED THE GUN ALITTLE HERE,IT GOES IN THE PRESSURE SIDE,AFTER THE CHECK VALVE.....WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT RE-USING RETURN PRESSURE.......THATS A LITTLE SECRET THAT COMING ON THE SINGLE PUMP (PISTON ACCUMULATED) SERIES........AND AS FOR RICHARD (YES) IT'S NIGHT AN DAY....I'VE USED MORE ,BUT IT DEPENDS ON A FEW THINGS FIRST....CAR LENGHT ,WEIGHT, AMOUNT OF PUMPS,ECT......BUT ON AVERAGE 2800 IS COOL.
YOUV'E TALKED WITH MARK AND JASON ,I'VE BEEN BUSY TRYIN' TO MAKE THE MONEY(HAHA)...DID YOU SEE THE PICS OF THE 4 LINK
ON THE POST ''SLINGSHOT OR 4-LINK'' ..IT WAS KEEPIN' ME BUSY.
I TOLD ''J'' WE WOULD GIVE YOU 3 PUMPS (1 PISTON)AND HARDWARE(DUMPS,CHECKS,FITTINGS)...BUT NOT AN AIRCRAFT,MAYBE I CAN ANDY TO GET YOU ONE....OR YOU COULD...AINT HE ADVERTISING TOO??? CALL US ON MONDAY...ALSO ABOUT MACHINING....MAYBE???LIKE A PERCENTAGE FOR SALES,JUST ON A TRUST ISSUE????????????????? :biggrin:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 9 2003, 12:26 AM
BUT ,TO TONY FIRST.....YOU JUMPED THE GUN ALITTLE HERE,IT GOES IN THE PRESSURE SIDE,AFTER THE CHECK VALVE.....WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT RE-USING RETURN PRESSURE.......THATS A LITTLE SECRET THAT COMING ON THE SINGLE PUMP (PISTON ACCUMULATED) SERIES........AND AS FOR RICHARD (YES) IT'S NIGHT AN DAY....I'VE USED MORE ,BUT IT DEPENDS ON A FEW THINGS FIRST....CAR LENGHT ,WEIGHT, AMOUNT OF PUMPS,ECT......BUT ON AVERAGE 2800 IS COOL.

I still like the idea of using two pump heads where a high vol/low press gears, pump fluid into the main gears. I'm not sure how this would work with the piston tank.

In the early days I always that somehow if you could use the movement of the rear of the car to collect pressure too, it would give you an edge.

I guess the next step for "hi-tech" pumps is to use a piston tank with a shot of combustable gas and ignite that sucker :0

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 9 2003, 01:26 AM
NAW...WE COULD JUMP 2 ONTOP OF EACH OTHER.....BUT ,TO TONY FIRST.....YOU JUMPED THE GUN ALITTLE HERE,IT GOES IN THE PRESSURE SIDE,AFTER THE CHECK VALVE.....WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT RE-USING RETURN PRESSURE.......THATS A LITTLE SECRET THAT COMING ON THE SINGLE PUMP (PISTON ACCUMULATED) SERIES........AND AS FOR RICHARD (YES) IT'S NIGHT AN DAY....I'VE USED MORE ,BUT IT DEPENDS ON A FEW THINGS FIRST....CAR LENGHT ,WEIGHT, AMOUNT OF PUMPS,ECT......BUT ON AVERAGE 2800 IS COOL.
YOUV'E TALKED WITH MARK AND JASON ,I'VE BEEN BUSY TRYIN' TO MAKE THE MONEY(HAHA)...DID YOU SEE THE PICS OF THE 4 LINK
ON THE POST ''SLINGSHOT OR 4-LINK'' ..IT WAS KEEPIN' ME BUSY.
I TOLD ''J'' WE WOULD GIVE YOU 3 PUMPS (1 PISTON)AND HARDWARE(DUMPS,CHECKS,FITTINGS)...BUT NOT AN AIRCRAFT,MAYBE I CAN ANDY TO GET YOU ONE....OR YOU COULD...AINT HE ADVERTISING TOO??? CALL US ON MONDAY...ALSO ABOUT MACHINING....MAYBE???LIKE A PERCENTAGE FOR SALES,JUST ON A TRUST ISSUE????????????????? :biggrin:
dayum...

sound awsome,

I have dumps, so thats cool... Got you covered in the book, BIG TIME.... EVERYWHERE. :biggrin:
I'd love one to try out, I'll call the shop monday, but throw me the other #, because the 800 doesn't work from canada.... :biggrin:

I'm gonna check out the 4-link post now.. :biggrin:

·
9,464 Posts
this is what i am talking about

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
well why didnt you say so. i had gathered all the stuff to do this back around the time piston tanks started being sold. my accum was 3000max (tested to 4500psi) with 1/2" port. oh well, I have so many other crazy ideas, that maybe I'll get to try in the next decade.

·
9,464 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Mar 28 2009, 05:06 PM~13417546
well why didnt you say so.  i had gathered all the stuff to do this back around the time piston tanks started being sold. my accum was 3000max (tested to 4500psi) with 1/2" port.  oh well, I have so many other crazy ideas, that maybe I'll get to try in the next decade.
so you never tried it out?

·
Registered
239 Posts
pics? :biggrin:

·
EL PIPIRIPAU!!!
379 Posts
Originally posted by Layin'_Low_'81@Mar 28 2009, 07:15 PM~13419544
pics? :biggrin:
X2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts