LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those of us that change rims often or are always looking for what tire size to put on our cars.

First screenshot is the basic mode where u input the tire size and it tells u the difference in diameter.

The second shot expands so that u can see more detailed data such as Profile difference, overall diameter of tire and rim and even a section so that u can see how far off your speedometer is with the tire change :cheesy:

Here's the link. Let me know what u guys think

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/lakeside/Tire.zip

Last edited by Joe5pt0 at Aug 21 2003, 05:42 PM

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Aug 21 2003, 06:48 PM
just remember.. the unloaded and loaded diameter of your tires are different, so the best formula is to actually measure from the ground to the centerline of the axle to get the radius...
Of course these are conceptual numbers.....going by rated tire size. There is no real way to tell actual difference considering load weight, tire inflation pressure, etc. But the idea is that all things being equal and in a perfect world, this thing is pretty damn close! And if anything just a good reference when changing tires to match something close.

·
Registered
357 Posts
NICE SOFTWARE....finally i know how fast i;m goin..
Sure beats the old way of having a friend with a stock car drive at 60mph in the front and see how high my speedometer goes. :)

·
Registered
13,700 Posts
Cool topic.

Thats if you even care. I drive my speed anyways. LOL
Speed Limit only when johnny law is near ;)

Last edited by ssdrop64 at Aug 22 2003, 02:07 PM

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
its a neat program ,,,but the biggest prob,,and/or missed detail i see is,,,,,rim width,,like how a stock 14' rim is 14' by 5.5' and a hundred spoke is 13' by 7' ,,,that inch and a half makes a big difference in hight

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0+Aug 22 2003, 09:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe5pt0 @ Aug 22 2003, 09:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--langeberg@Aug 21 2003, 10:17 PM
An other one: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc .
Wow I didn't realize there was another one out there already. I've seen tons of posts asking these questions and nobody's came up with one :dunno:

Thats cool though.[/b][/quote]
This site fuckin rocks. Thanks heaps for posting it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
you can use the calculator at tires.com click discount tire thengo to info center and click on tire dimensions made simple and put in your info. Works too

·
Registered
998 Posts
Originally posted by BRAVO@Aug 22 2003, 10:39 PM
its a neat program ,,,but the biggest prob,,and/or missed detail i see is,,,,,rim width,,like how a stock 14' rim is 14' by 5.5' and a hundred spoke is 13' by 7' ,,,that inch and a half makes a big difference in hight
why does the width matter? it could be 40" wide and its still turning the same number of revolutions..

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by kdub+Nov 2 2003, 08:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kdub @ Nov 2 2003, 08:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BRAVO@Aug 22 2003, 10:39 PM
its a neat program ,,,but the biggest prob,,and/or missed detail i see is,,,,,rim width,,like how a stock 14' rim is 14' by 5.5' and a hundred spoke is 13' by 7'  ,,,that inch and a half makes a big difference in hight
why does the width matter? it could be 40" wide and its still turning the same number of revolutions..[/b][/quote]
Because the wider the rim, the more stretched out the tire becomes. there for the height becomes slightly less if the tire is stretched wide! or if the rim is skinnier like a 13x6 then the tire will be slightly taller.
;)

Last edited by sneakyboy1 at Nov 2 2003, 09:36 AM

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Joe, did you create the program with VB?
I had started one a long time ago, but never finished it. Yours looks good!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts