LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does inverting subs make them sound different? I plan to get 4 subs and might need to invert them to be able to do all the wiring with the voice coils.

·
Registered
39 Posts
the only thing inverting subs do is 1. increase airspace in box, you don't have to worry about the displacement of the motor structure, and 2.. show off the magnet/motor structure

·
Registered
90 Posts
no i think hes talking about the sub

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
since we dont know lets wait and ask LoL

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderman30815@Nov 21 2003, 06:54 PM
Does inverting subs make them sound different? I plan to get 4 subs and might need to invert them to be able to do all the wiring with the voice coils.
Sounds like a clear question to me... And the answer is no... It makes no differance in sound at all...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by Mac2118@Nov 23 2003, 01:38 AM
the only thing inverting subs do is 1. increase airspace in box, you don't have to worry about the displacement of the motor structure, and 2.. show off the magnet/motor structure
Ditto on his post. The increase of the airspace is generally pretty small so there's not a huge difference.

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by ls123+Nov 27 2003, 02:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ls123 @ Nov 27 2003, 02:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mac2118@Nov 23 2003, 01:38 AM
the only thing inverting subs do is 1.  increase airspace in box, you don't have to worry about the displacement of the motor structure, and 2.. show off the magnet/motor structure
Ditto on his post. The increase of the airspace is generally pretty small so there's not a huge difference.[/b][/quote]
Yeah but you're forgetting something...

The teeny tiny little bit of air you gain in the box, is lost in the cab, or trunk, ect.

It all equals out... :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts