LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 3rd pump this year and only have room for a 3batt. bay in ride corner of trunk, the third pump is on the left corner. A two pump whammy tank is in middle with 4 batts, to run rears. I'm not looking for a high hop because nothing is re-inforced, have 3-tons 5 wrap coils. My thing this year is tha chain bridge, standing 3 wheel set up. Is 36v ok until I upgrade, ? Will I at least get a couple inches?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Oct 26 2003, 07:19 AM

i got a Regal with 2 ton precut hopping coils up front
how is the ride? and where did you get the pre cut coils???

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Originally posted by Chevrolet n LA+Oct 26 2003, 12:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chevrolet n LA @ Oct 26 2003, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cceregalboy@Oct 26 2003, 07:19 AM

how is the ride? and where did you get the pre cut coils???[/b][/quote]
the ride is pretty nice, actually
i put them in the back too..... it's kinda bouncy back there
i got accumulators to put on the back, though
i should have used 1 tons for the rear
i got the pre cuts from CCE
later

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pro-hopper has one-ton pre-cuts going for $59.00, check em out on their website. I need 2 tons for all my weight, 7 batteries, 2 subwoofers , 3 hydro pumps, etc. the car is a 72 Caprice, not exactly a lightweight! My fronts were cut down from full 3 ton coils to 5 wraps even at top and bottom, nothing sloppy. later man......

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Oct 26 2003, 08:19 AM
mine gets off almost a foot with 36 volts
so go for it, homie
Thats pretty good. It takes 36 volts just to lift my car.lol

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
no joke, my lincoln won't even move unless you have 36 volts to the front! i just added more batts to mine tonight actually, 48 volts all around! man it's fast as hell, i just wish it wouldn't rain tomorrow so i can see how it chips at 48. i got a good 10 in with 36, so 48 should be bad as hell!
oh and to answer your q's *yes* 36 is fine, even a street pump can handle 48 with no problems ;)

holla :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks 4 tha posts, If I get 10 inches or so in the front thats fine with me, especially not re-enforced and all, when its time to work on the front I'm going to push my deltas aside and buy an adex style dump. peace.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts