LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, I bought this chrome rear end and it already had coil mounts for a coil under setup already on it. Now I was just gonna cut that shit off and weld some powerballs on. But I don't wanna fuck the chrome up. Its for my wife so she won't be going crazy but she does wanna three wheel. Does tack welding the doughnut to the coil do any good.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
as long as you have deep cups on the top and don't 3 wheel too much she should br fine! I have always liked coil under!! My buddy's car has had them for 5 years! ;)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
so your the mother fucker that bought that lol ... I wanted it but it was too much for me... anyways i have had coil under for couple years with no big problems.. only problems i had was when i first had the cup welded to the spring .. . don't do that.. bad idea.. just get deep cups like tim said.. don't cut that chrome u fool! :biggrin: good luck with it

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Those Coil mounts look plenty deep... I wouldn't worry about it from that angle.... And with deep cups, the coils aren't going anywhere...

Thats a nice chunk of chrome you got there too! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Yo man, if you wanted to cut those coil mounts down some, go get you a deep cut band saw and you could cut them down without any damage to the chrome at all.

You may be able to rent one for just a few bucks froma local tool supply or rental yard. Or maybe one of ya homeboys thats in construction or machine shops may have one.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
coil under will work just fine, just explain to her that when she 3 wheels, and feels the car starting to fall, dump the corner that's up so that the coil doesn't drop out. By the looks of how high those coil mounts are, with deep cups on the top, she should be cool. I have a couple other things you can do to stop the coil popping... pm me if ya need ideas.

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
I dont like anything but coil under.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Oct 10 2003, 03:45 AM
Check it out, I bought this chrome rear end and it already had coil mounts for a coil under setup already on it. Now I was just gonna cut that shit off and weld some powerballs on. But I don't wanna fuck the chrome up. Its for my wife so she won't be going crazy but she does wanna three wheel. Does tack welding the doughnut to the coil do any good.

TACKWELDING THE DONUTS TO THE COIL AINT CLEAN AND WONT EVER HOLD UP EITHER,
A SERIOUS COIL UNDER INSTALL IS VERY SAFE AND SURE AS SHIT VERY CLEAN TOO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts