LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
mine was cheaper to have reinforced.............maybe it was because i did it myself???? canadian frame = $400 , metal and supplies = $600

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by gibby64@Dec 2 2003, 09:58 PM
mine was cheaper to have reinforced.............maybe it was because i did it myself???? canadian frame = $400 , metal and supplies = $600
Hey do you know were I can get a frame already reinforced for a 82 cutlass supreme and how much. :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Dec 2 2003, 10:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Dec 2 2003, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gibby64@Dec 2 2003, 09:58 PM
mine was cheaper to have reinforced.............maybe it was because i did it myself????  canadian frame = $400 , metal and supplies = $600
Hey do you know were I can get a frame already reinforced for a 82 cutlass supreme and how much. :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
i dont think they make pre wrapped frames for a g-body, i know they have some for impalas. but it might be a lil' cheaper to buy some metal, make ur templates, and take all the materials to a local welder and have them cut and weld ur frame up. they charge by the hr. so thats why i say to have ur templates already made that way it will save u money.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
hell, i had over 200 hours in my frame by the time i finished it.....a welder usually charges 10- 15 $ an hour.....i guess that comes out right, about $2000-$2500.....but you would still have to buy the metal and frame.........

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by gibby64@Dec 2 2003, 10:39 PM
hell, i had over 200 hours in my frame by the time i finished it.....a welder usually charges 10- 15 $ an hour.....i guess that comes out right, about $2000-$2500.....but you would still have to buy the metal and frame.........
im not talkin bout a full frame, just stress points, enough reinforcements so he wont fuck up his frame, rear humps, a-arm section, ect. and also i dont think he's aiming for molded show quality frame.

Last edited by hittin back bumper at Dec 2 2003, 10:47 PM

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Originally posted by hittin back bumper+Dec 2 2003, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hittin back bumper @ Dec 2 2003, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--gibby64@Dec 2 2003, 10:39 PM
im not talkin bout a full frame, just stress points, enough reinforcements so he wont fuck up his frame, rear humps, a-arm section, ect. and also i dont think he's aiming for molded show quality frame.[/b][/quote]
just remember everyone......anything you don't reinforce becomes an EXTREME weak point in your frame!!........

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Originally posted by gibby64+Dec 2 2003, 10:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gibby64 @ Dec 2 2003, 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -hittin back [email protected] 2 2003, 09:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--gibby64
@Dec 2 2003, 10:39 PM

im not talkin bout a full frame, just stress points, enough reinforcements so he wont fuck up his frame, rear humps, a-arm section, ect. and also i dont think he's aiming for molded show quality frame.
just remember everyone......anything you don't reinforce becomes an EXTREME weak point in your frame!!........[/b][/quote]
plently of people have minor reinforcements and hit 40"+ and their shit is just fine. u dont nessesarly(sp) have to have a fully wrapped frame. a partial wrapped frame will work. im got a partial wraped frame and im gonna be hopping the hell out of my car. and if my frame for any reason, happens to break or crack, then i'll get another frame fully wrapped, but i doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts