LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 98 suburban from a dealerahip went back the next day because it was shaking i was told it was the tranny, they said the couldnt fix it unless i paid for the tranny. My question is, is this legal for them t do this or should they pay for the tranny?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,724 Posts
http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/
Check here first.

If its sold as is and they arent responsible once it leaves the lot they dont "technically" have to fix it but its their reputation if they dont. You can raise hell in their shop in front of other customers sayin they sold u a truck with a bad tranny, people wont buy from there then and they will want to shut you up. Threaten to talk to the BBB and post up on every review site online about your experience. Most good places will fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@Mar 16 2010, 04:15 PM~16909065
http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/
Check here first.

If its sold as is and they arent responsible once it leaves the lot they dont "technically" have to fix it but its their reputation if they dont.  You can raise hell in their shop in front of other customers sayin they sold u a truck with a bad tranny, people wont buy from there then and they will want to shut you up.  Threaten to talk to the BBB and post up on every review site online about your experience.  Most good places will fix it.
you mean the BAR?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
if it was sold to you as is and you signed the paper work where it states that it is as is , you are out of luck the dealer is not responsible for it as soon as it leaves the lot and you take possesion of it . if they want to be cool they might help you out but they are not obligated to .
 

·
Bay Area freeway rider
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
Originally posted by Prohopper64@Mar 16 2010, 07:05 PM~16910769
if it was sold to you as is and you signed the paper work where it states that it is as is , you are out of luck the dealer is not responsible for it as soon as it leaves the lot and you take possesion of it . if they want to be cool they might help you out but they are not obligated to .
:yessad: :yessad:

im pretty sure your shit outta luck. never heard of any one putting a warranty on a 13 year old truck
 

·
Bay Area freeway rider
Joined
·
9,930 Posts
never seen anything that old a dealership, they usualy only stock used cars 5 years old and newer, but a dealership is more likely to work something out with you. now a used car lot is a whole differnt world, they will screw you and know about it and will not do anything to make it right. big differnce between dealership and a used car lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
File a complaint with both, the BAR and the BBB.
 

·
Puro GUERRERO Compas
Joined
·
852 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDTS@Mar 16 2010, 05:15 PM~16909065
http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/
Check here first.

If its sold as is and they arent responsible once it leaves the lot they dont "technically" have to fix it but its their reputation if they dont.  You can raise hell in their shop in front of other customers sayin they sold u a truck with a bad tranny, people wont buy from there then and they will want to shut you up.  Threaten to talk to the BBB and post up on every review site online about your experience.  Most good places will fix it.
X2 SAMESHIT HAPPENS AT MY WORK PLACE :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
Originally posted by Loco_Oldskool40@Mar 16 2010, 04:42 PM~16908750
I bought a 98 suburban from a dealerahip went back the next day because it was shaking i was told it was the tranny, they said the couldnt fix it unless i paid for the tranny. My question is, is this legal for them t do this or should they pay for the tranny?
ONE QUESTION , HOW MANY MILES ARE ON IT AND HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR IT ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
as is means as is.

now if it was one of their "certified pre-owned" vehicles i would be getting a lawsuit going.

being a 98 i doubt they would warranty anything on that vehicle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,724 Posts
well just sayin id go back and raise hell. I bought a SUV couple months ago,sold as is, and i came back 2 weeks later and told them the 4wd didnt work. They got it in a shop the next day and fixed it. They strive on their reputation. PLUS it depends on how much they made on you, if they made a few g's theyll put in $500 to fix ur shit no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,641 Posts
shouldve test driven it first homie :cool:
 

·
i dont feel tardy
Joined
·
20,934 Posts
worth a shot if you wanna try it


your gonna need alot of confidence cause your going to have to sell it


call them tell them you want the transmission fixed cite california legislation #(off the page i gave you) tell them that under that very same law they are required to fix the vehicle if the problem is reported withing 72 hours or whatever fits ur situation your just bullshitting anyway. tell them you will follow with legal action if they do not wish to fix the vehicle you dont want to but you will also inform them you will be suspending payment until the legal battle is over and you will be sure to have it listed as evidence in a civil trial so they can not seize and resale it until the litigation process is over.

sit down think about what your going to say write it out even make sure it sounds good and believable take a fukitol and give them a call.

see what happens worse they can do is call your bluff in which case your right back where you started
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top