LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a light light light fume come off of one of the posts while ur charging ur batts?? is it just the heat of the acid inside the batt? is it bad? sumone please help me out.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
When charging pull off the acid cell covers so it wont blow up if the pressure is too high. I had a huge Interstate batt blow up 1 foot away from my face while charging. Luckily in my family our skin is noit affected by batt acid. I can actually pour H2SO4 on my hands with no affect.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Oct 5 2003, 01:45 AM
When charging pull off the acid cell covers so it wont blow up if the pressure is too high. I had a huge Interstate batt blow up 1 foot away from my face while charging. Luckily in my family our skin is noit affected by batt acid. I can actually pour H2SO4 on my hands with no affect.
freak!!!!!!

i can light my hands on fire with no affect

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
how old are the batteries?? is it leakin out or you can just smell, kinda like rotten eggs?? and acid does burn your skin especially hot acid after charging it, so do be careful

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Oct 4 2003, 06:45 PM
You should be on X-Men...lol.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for now these are really crappy old refurbished batts that i got now until i can afford me sum trojans ya know but yeah i always keep em charged since theyre old i never run em down.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
if there older than 3 years, then there probably gettin real weak a not lasting as long as they use to. they usually last about 3-5 years then there done. check the sides of the batteries, sometimes theres a bulge on either side, that means that there not getting a full charge and there bad

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by maymayloc@Oct 5 2003, 09:46 AM
if there older than 3 years, then there probably gettin real weak a not lasting as long as they use to. they usually last about 3-5 years then there done. check the sides of the batteries, sometimes theres a bulge on either side, that means that there not getting a full charge and there bad
ok today i let em sit and they got more of a charge but it wasnt quite getting to zero on the charger so it boggled me :cheesy: so n e way i went to my homeboyz job and we put a voltometer to the 4 front ones and 2 of em read over 14 volts while the other 2 were like 10 volts and the last one read 8 volts!! so now imma jus put a 12 volt charger on em to see if giving them an even charge will take my lil problem away from lifting too slow in the front while the rear lifts up hella fast, we'll see :uh:

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn this shit is still givin me problems. i put it on the charger and it just stayes on the needle before the zero like forever it doesnt go down, i tried to charge the battery that needed charge wit a 12 volt charger, no luck it would stay on the same reading for over an hour, this shit sucks, i know those batts r a piece of shit but damn cummon now these shits just wont charge! i put water in all of the cells and still no charge, wtf :( :angry:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
if those 2 batteries read below 12.36 volts there bad, no charger will bring them back. only thing you can do is test the 2 good batteries and remember their CCA and match those up to some new ones. replace the bad ones with new ones. thatl solve your ploblems.(hopefully) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts