LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
My AC pump broke so, i took measured the distance from the crank pulley to the power steering or alternator which ever it was and went to the parts store and they give you a belt of whatever size you want and just adjust the tension at the the alt or p/steering pump, just that easy. but i am not too sure about taking apart the AC stuff, does the system have pressure in it still and are you goign to be sprayed with freon?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
when removing the complete AC system from the engine and engine compartment.. will this free up more HP?

Ive always heard removeing the AC will allow for more HP since theres 1 less belt being spun.

any info on this?

not to mention it cleans the bay up nice.

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 25 2003, 08:30 AM
when removing the complete AC system from the engine and engine compartment.. will this free up more HP?

Ive always heard removeing the AC will allow for more HP since theres 1 less belt being spun.

any info on this?

When the AC system is not turned on, that pulley spins free as a bird, but when you turn the AC on, it actually compresses and puts strain on the motor, the difference is not that much if anything, your powersteering pump takes a lot of the juice, but you need it.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 25 2003, 02:30 AM
unless you remove every bit of the system, then it still looks like ass. most guys just remove the compressor, but then you still have the condensor, accumulator, the box on the firewall, etc. which makes it look worse than a copmplete system. if you want to remove it properly then be prepared for alot of work.
:biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts