LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to bag a truck without cutting into the bed?

i have a 74 Chevy 3/4 tone that im gonna start fixing up and i want an adjustable suspension as opposed to just a lowerd one... but i dont wanna cut the bed like most trucks ive seen

is this possible?

thanks... oh and if anyone has pics or diagrams of these setups id greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
yup what he said

if you need the bed space then thats correct

but if you just don't want the whole or a bilge in it you can channel the bed a couple inches

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
cut the entire floor of the bed out and reweld it about 6 inches higher than stock... you'll be able to do a decent C notch and have it be hidden

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by AZRIDAH@Oct 20 2003, 07:11 AM

i have a 74 Chevy 3/4 tone that im gonna start fixing up and i want an adjustable suspension as opposed to just a lowerd one... but i dont wanna cut the bed like most trucks ive seen

is this possible?

thanks... oh and if anyone has pics or diagrams of these setups id greatly appreciate it.
I can lay mine down almost on the frame with no mods to the back but a leaf flip and lowering shackles.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1+Oct 21 2003, 08:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ALOW1 @ Oct 21 2003, 08:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--AZRIDAH@Oct 20 2003, 07:11 AM

is this possible?

I can lay mine down almost on the frame with no mods to the back but a leaf flip and lowering shackles.[/b][/quote]
I take that back, mine is prolly around 4 inches or so off the ground when it is all the way down, the only holes that I have in my bed are for my batt rack and where my cylinders come through.

Maybe later today I can get you a pic of how it sits.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
is that liftin up on an airbag

tyte shyt, big dan, when you cut out the entire floor and raise it up 6 inches, can you still load stuff into the bed the same as you could without it being raised up...im trying to say, will the bed floor still be as strong as it was be4 the 6inch raise, or is it not recommended to try and load things...

Last edited by CuttieBuddie at Oct 21 2003, 10:47 AM

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
I dont like this pic with the bolt ons and stuff, thats with the back down and the front up some. I still have plenty of room to drop it more in the rear without cutting anything.....

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Oct 21 2003, 10:45 AM
is that liftin up on an airbag

tyte shyt, big dan, when you cut out the entire floor and raise it up 6 inches, can you still load stuff into the bed the same as you could without it being raised up...im trying to say, will the bed floor still be as strong as it was be4 the 6inch raise, or is it not recommended to try and load things...
yeah it's a bag and shock you can see it to the right of the pic

yes it should be as strong after if it's done right

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if you look at the truck pictured, you can see that they fabbed some bracing for the bed floor out of what looks to be 1 X 1 square tubing..

so the bed should be as strong as before..

and i woulda used 2 bags and some pivots to be able to make the bed do side to side..

man, some days I wish I had a truck so I could incorporate some of my ideas into something :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts