LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to make a chassis and u bars then have a string attached to a high speed servo?

then u would be able to do a wireless setup :biggrin:

how does playerslowriders do theres?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 11 2003, 05:32 PM
I did just that with te RC '67...it lifts the front...hopping out of the question with the servo's I know but maybe there are some that are fast as hell.
I just ordered small gearmotors that act like servo's and it's perfect to fit in and they can lift a nice load. ;)
so would i be able to use a couple on a dub city?

L

·
0 Posts
I wonder if you could some how use a power door lock actuator from a real car and if it would be strong enough to lift one of those Radioshack Lowriders?

L

·
0 Posts
Yup It's a 72 super Beatle. When I bought it ,it was an ugly orange color. When I get a chance I will paint some murals on it. And I still need to lower it.

L

·
0 Posts
My Email seems to be down right now I don't know if you can see this image.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Those solenoids how they act...like they will maintain position only when Voltage is connected...and how long before they get hot or anyhting? I've thought about these things for a long time...

I have this clip from a Japanese site with an Impala that uses a solenoid to hop it...works like a charm totaylly realistic...he even put a potentiometer on it so he can control the hop.
Gonna upload it tonight so you can check it out.

Today I've received 4 small HO gearmotors...they are the sjizzle m'nizzle! This the solution to lift a heavy dicast 1/18 or even make it dance. ;)

Last edited by jevries at Aug 14 2003, 10:17 AM

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Aug 14 2003, 06:15 PM

I have this clip from a Japanese site with an Impala that uses a solenoid to hop it...works like a charm totaylly realistic...he even put a potentiometer on it so he can control the hop.
is it a white '64 . because if it was then thats what i was trying o send you over msn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts