LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 57 fleetwood, i like to paint it satin black, like that hot rod paint job? what do u guys think? and pic of car painter satin balck? please post thanks

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
On a 57 Fleetwood; hot rod satin black! ;)

T

·
0 Posts
a satin finish is a base topcoated with a flat clear,not jus black primer, and flamethrowers are easy to install, Hot Rods of Norco has a very simply kit,that takes about 2 hours to put on.. if you want some 10 foot flames going to be a lil more complex.....

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by ToXiC_FuMeS@Aug 16 2006, 02:11 PM~5980059

PPG 9700 black topcoated with PPG fix-n-flat clear...
fuck ya :thumbsup:

T

·
0 Posts
I charged for that ford i posted 2,800, that was for interior peices,dash and roof metal flaked and Kandied, body with a satin finish ,jams and below hood and trunk

·
Registered
830 Posts
:uh: ......3000??? i got someone that would do it for under 1600

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wuts up with the number? hows his work ?ii'm looking for a nice paint, like a car show paint job or somehting like that? and would he take everthing apart and paint or what? where r u located? or he?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Fairfield, Cali.............thats near Vallejo

·
Registered
830 Posts
you could even use PPG's black epoxy primer (DP-90)......it would come out good, nuttin wrong wit that

im finishing some foose rims size "22's at work today.....ill take a pic an post it up tonight

T

·
0 Posts
DP 90 works good , but wont come close to a flat clear job...i have used this Hot Rod Black primer from Oreilys auto part store, cost $25 per gallon and thins with laquer thinner , looks jus like dp 90 , if you ever want a flat black job with material under a 100

·
Registered
749 Posts
Then unless you want to spend a fortune shipping that tank around the country, you should probably call around locally.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts