LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM ON IF THERE IS ANY LAWS COMING INTO EFFECT FOR NEXT YEAR ABOUT BANNING OIL BASED PAINT PRODUCT FOR USE OR SALE ESPECIALLY IN CALIFORNIA. IS THIS TRUE TO WHAT I HEARD. CAN ANYBODY KNOWLEDGABLE CONFIRM OR UPDATE WHAT'S GOING TO BE IN AFFECT WHEN IT COMES TO THE OIL BASED FINSHES FROM PURCHASING TO USES FOR 2009? THANKS IN ADVANCE. :0 :dunno: :scrutinize: :nicoderm:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Originally posted by JROCK@Dec 3 2008, 07:11 PM~12327971
CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM ON IF THERE IS ANY LAWS COMING INTO EFFECT FOR NEXT YEAR ABOUT BANNING OIL BASED PAINT PRODUCT FOR USE OR SALE ESPECIALLY IN CALIFORNIA. IS THIS TRUE TO WHAT I HEARD. CAN ANYBODY KNOWLEDGABLE CONFIRM OR UPDATE WHAT'S GOING TO BE IN AFFECT WHEN IT COMES TO THE OIL BASED FINSHES FROM PURCHASING TO USES FOR 2009? THANKS IN ADVANCE. :0  :dunno:  :scrutinize:  :nicoderm:
for the best info on this is DREAMWORKS 909-944-7696 and for all top quailty work contact them from small to big jobs they can handle it.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Steve9663@Dec 3 2008, 08:16 PM~12328039
for the best info on this is DREAMWORKS 909-944-7696 and for all top quailty work contact them from small to big jobs they can handle it.
:thumbsup: :nicoderm: :werd: :puffin:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Originally posted by JROCK@Dec 3 2008, 07:11 PM~12327971
CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM ON IF THERE IS ANY LAWS COMING INTO EFFECT FOR NEXT YEAR ABOUT BANNING OIL BASED PAINT PRODUCT FOR USE OR SALE ESPECIALLY IN CALIFORNIA. IS THIS TRUE TO WHAT I HEARD. CAN ANYBODY KNOWLEDGABLE CONFIRM OR UPDATE WHAT'S GOING TO BE IN AFFECT WHEN IT COMES TO THE OIL BASED FINSHES FROM PURCHASING TO USES FOR 2009? THANKS IN ADVANCE. :0  :dunno:  :scrutinize:  :nicoderm:
Oil based?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
im in nor cal , santa rosa, and we gotta be completly switched over by oct '09. Went n took the ppg waterbourne class 2day. Gunna take some gettin used to thats for sure. the instructor said somethin about PPG beeing the only company that carries black n white waterbourne, any truth 2 this. Also i didnt get a chance 2 ask but, while i was there we were told we could only use a certain clear, thats fine, but we do custom stuff here also, candies, pearls, patterns etc... and i was also told that by oct '09 we couldnt have any solvent based paint in the shop WTF!!! how are we supposed 2 do candies??? any info on this would be great....ill talk our ppg rep tomarow

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
WELL I TALKED TO THE GUYS AT HOUSE OF KOLOR AT SEMA AND THEY TOLD ME ALL HOUSE OF KOLOR PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE EFFECTED BY THE CHANGE. AS FAR AS THE COMPANIES THAT HAVE TO CHANGE ONLY THE PAINT WILL BE WATER BASE. THE PRIMERS AND CLEARS WILL BE THE SAME. HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
primers and clears are still solvent, however they have regulations to the VOC level in them now, there is waterborne primers and amazingly even clears for cars, but i dont know much about them, other than the clear has yet to make it to n.america yet, and the primers have made it here, but they were junk with major issues

I know in europe you basically need to get a permit to spray eurathanes, basically acceptable for special applications, such as candies.
streetking, what do you mean black and white waterborne??

i'm in bc canada and we been hearing about the rules every year, supposed to have been jan 09, but its not official yet, and clearly wont be, but lots of the shops have already made the switch anyways, we did about a year and a half ago, first around here.
by jan 2010 i can see it finally being implemented as legal.

Now what i want to think about is, whats next after this??? I have already tested UV Clear, that shit was trippy!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Well the PPG instructor said that PPG is the only waterbourne line that carries black n white waterbourne colors, sounded like bull to me i wasnt about to ask questions it was late in the day and i wanted 2 get the hell outta there, most of the painters there were some dumb ass's. Plus he told me once we get the equipment in they would have a guy come down n spend 2 weeks with us showing us how 2 use the products

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by streetking@Dec 4 2008, 09:57 PM~12340152
Well the PPG instructor said that PPG is the only waterbourne line that carries black n white waterbourne colors, sounded like bull to me i wasnt about to ask questions it was late in the day and i wanted 2 get the hell outta there, most of the painters there were some dumb ass's. Plus he told me once we get the equipment in they would have a guy come down n spend 2 weeks with us showing us how 2 use the products
Must have misunderstood,or you mean something else,Sikkens has black,white,and every other factory car color. :dunno:
I took the waterbourne course 2 weeks ago,and asked the instuctor about mandatory implementation up here,and he said it may not even become law in Canada.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i'm in the process of getting my rag painted. the paint guy told me that Dec 31 will be the last day to use cromabase paint. and that he will have to switch to a water base paint based on the new law that will be taking effect on Jan 1, 09 he also said that the EPA will be cracking down on shops who violate the law and issue Big finds. :angry:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
THE REAL QUESTION IS WHY ALL THESE PAINTER CHARGE SO FUCKING MUCH. THE AVERAGE PAINTER WANT $4,500 TO PAINT YOUR SHIT. FUCK THAT'S A DOWN PAYMENT ON A HOUSE. SHIT. :angry: THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME $4,500 TO PAINT A RAG. FUCK IT AINT GOT A TOP ON IT. :biggrin: I THINK I'M GOING TO DO IT ( TJ ) STYLE. GO BUY A COUPLE OF CANS FROM AUTO ZONE AND SPRAY THE MUTHA FUCKA. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by OneStopCustoms@Dec 4 2008, 10:51 PM~12340898
i guess that means you can still spray it in your backyard? lol  :biggrin:
X 2 THE HELLAVA 2! :0 :rant: :yes: :werd: :nicoderm:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
so what does it all mean for the rest of the country? should i be stocking up on paint and reducer for my next several projects?????

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Dec 5 2008, 04:25 PM~12346855
so what does it all mean for the rest of the country? should i be stocking up on paint and reducer for my next several projects?????

Probably just cali. They don't crack down on anything out here. lol

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by lowdeville@Dec 4 2008, 09:19 PM~12340470
Must have misunderstood,or you mean something else,Sikkens has black,white,and every other factory car color. :dunno:
I took the waterbourne course 2 weeks ago,and asked the instuctor about mandatory implementation up here,and he said it may not even become law in Canada.
yeah, cause without white and black toners your seriously limited to the amount of colors you can make.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Dec 5 2008, 03:54 PM~12347085
Probably just cali.  They don't crack down on anything out here.  lol
:thumbsup: summers gonna be hot!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Dec 5 2008, 06:32 PM~12347807
yeah, cause without white and black toners your seriously limited to the amount of colors you can make.
on the way home i was thinkin the exact same thing! also what swas told to us in the class was a lot more inspections can be expected a whole lot more, and huge fines

1 - 20 of 40 Posts