LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple small ripples in my rear 1/4
take a look and see if you can tell me if Ima have to replace the skin or is there another way to fix it?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
those are easily fixed since you can get to them from the inside-----use a hammer and dolly-----use the hammer from the inside and the dolly on the outside-------just becareful not to make more dents----take it slow and work the metal------you might have to use a little filler once you get them pretty straight----sometimes just a good heavy prmier like polyester and lots of blocking can get them perfect after you have worked them out---hard to tell exactly how bad they ae from those pics----but they just look like push dents-----no biggy

Last edited by lowriderlife at Sep 29 2003, 07:58 AM

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Sep 29 2003, 08:56 AM
-----use a hammer and dolly-----use the hammer from the inside and the dolly on the outside-------
Im assuming you dont mean the kind of dolly you move boxes with...

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run+Sep 29 2003, 12:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A-Run @ Sep 29 2003, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife@Sep 29 2003, 08:56 AM
-----use a hammer and dolly-----use the hammer from the inside and the dolly on the outside-------
Im assuming you dont mean the kind of dolly you move boxes with...[/b][/quote]
no bro--- a dolly is a small flat piece of iron used to absort most of the blows from the hammer------people used pieces if train tracks as dolly's before---------------if you go to an autobody supply store they will show you what i am talking about---they come in different shapes and sizes some w/ handles some w/ out-------kind of like a miniture anvil that you can hold in one hand as you use the hammer in your other and compress the metal panel in between the two of them------peace

Last edited by lowriderlife at Sep 29 2003, 02:35 PM

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by lowriderlife@Sep 30 2003, 01:56 AM
those are easily fixed since you can get to them from the inside-----use a hammer and dolly-----use the hammer from the inside and the dolly on the outside-------just becareful not to make more dents----take it slow and work the metal------you might have to use a little filler once you get them pretty straight----sometimes just a good heavy prmier like polyester and lots of blocking can get them perfect after you have worked them out---hard to tell exactly how bad they ae from those pics----but they just look like push dents-----no biggy
damm bro - and that's what I was gunna say - a bit of hammer/doly work and a high build epoxy or polyester primer and some block work , and if you find it hard work with the hammer use a shim of filler .. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by sabre+Sep 29 2003, 05:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sabre @ Sep 29 2003, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lowriderlife@Sep 30 2003, 01:56 AM
damm bro - and that's what I was gunna say - a bit of hammer/doly work and a high build epoxy or polyester primer and some block work , and if you find it hard work with the hammer use a shim of filler .. :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
wow sabre--------we actually agreed on something for once-hahhaha-----cool.....lates

Last edited by lowriderlife at Sep 30 2003, 07:42 AM

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the help guys, Ima start sanding down the entire car soon so Ima just wait to work on that part until then...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts