LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by highridah@Sep 8 2005, 06:35 PM~3778982
about 110 like that
I love this forum cause ya'll respond so quick. That is exactly how much he is charging. Does that mean I am just paying fair market value cause I thought it was a deal. Still worth getting?

·
Banned
9,289 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 8 2005, 06:39 PM~3779008
I love this forum cause ya'll respond so quick. That is exactly how much he is charging. Does that mean I am just paying fair market value cause I thought it was a deal. Still worth getting?
yes even you might not use its good to sit on it or youll regret it

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel you homie, thanks for the advice. I actually had two bike designs in the works. One was black and the other was a custom color. I wanted to do the black one first so I will probably sit on this one. Its getting late though so I ain't gonna pick it up till tomarrow, but I just wanted to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its just plain black paint. I will post more detailed pics (those are the guys...) when I get it home tomarrow.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Sarcastik+Sep 8 2005, 06:39 PM~3779008-->
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-low_bike
@Sep 8 2005, 09:56 PM~3780517
i would pay no more than 150 for it
Now I am forced to quote myself (Oh, and I have no intention on paying more than his asking price in order to exemplify my "baller" status, k?)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dammit...I didn't include the part about his asking price being 110.00...fuck...well I ain't gonna pay more than that unless you include gas driving there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from meeting up with guy to pick up the bike frame. Price: $110. Shipping was 15 bucks from Oakland to Sunnyvale and back (because gas is $3.19 a gallon for premium :( ). He said he bought it a few years back from lovelylowrider.com for $225, but you never know if folks is telling the truth bout shit like that. It was a bit dusty but I wiped it down and it looks great. A few nicks here and there, but they are really nothing...and I'm a stickler for that sort of thing.

Anywhoo, I really wanted a frame like this so I'm good, but I actually wanted one in my own custom color and I was wondering if it would be totally stupid to paint a frame that already has a beautiful coat of paint on it or should I hold out for a primered frame for cheaper and just sit on this one for a while (I got a bike ideas for a black frame too...)

Here are some pics I just took (the ones in the main post are the ones from the craigslist ad...)

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bicycle design I have in my had calls for a custom upolstered seat in like a light brown (similar to the color of this site actually) and then I want have the frame painted to color match that, but as I said before I wanted to know if it would be considered stupid to paint over a perfectly good paint job when I could keep my eyes out for a primered frame for a lot cheaper, ya know?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 10 2005, 12:40 PM~3787885
The bicycle design I have in my had calls for a custom upolstered seat in like a light brown (similar to the color of this site actually) and then I want have the frame painted to color match that, but as I said before I wanted to know if it would be considered stupid to paint over a perfectly good paint job when I could keep my eyes out for a primered frame for a lot cheaper, ya know?
dont repaint it... keep it that way... just have it professionally cleared like 3 times and it will be perfect mayb get some brown/ tan pin striping to match your seat... if you take off the paint you are messing with fuckin it up and decreasing the value of it

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man, that is kinda what I was thinking, but I just needed some confirmation. This color doesn't at all match with what I was going to do though so I'll probably just buy another. Like I said the paint job is actually perfect so it really doesn't even need a cleaning. Just a few touch ups where there are very minor scratches.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First you say we live in the worst place in the world for lowriding bikes and now you say there's a lot of compitetion, which one is it man? I actually decided when I first decided to get into this that I would not make any bikes I couldn't cruise around oakland in so I don't need to concern myself with competition really, but I do want it to look nice as hell. I am actually not going to use this frame for now, but when i find a frame for my first project I am definitly gonna pin stripe it and jazz it up so its sick when I'm cruisin around the lake.

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 10 2005, 03:39 PM~3789279
First you say we live in the worst place in the world for lowriding bikes and now you say there's a lot of compitetion, which one is it man? I actually decided when I first decided to get into this that I would not make any bikes I couldn't cruise around oakland in so I don't need to concern myself with competition really, but I do want it to look nice as hell. I am actually not going to use this frame for now, but when i find a frame for my first project I am definitly gonna pin stripe it and jazz it up so its sick when I'm cruisin around the lake.
Theres is alot of competition. You have several clubs in the bay area and at a good show you can have about 30 or so bikes on display. I didnt say we dont have any bikes in this area, I said that custom parts are not as easy to find. You dont have shops that you can walk into and say, "Give me a handlebar with two birdcages for grips and make the rest triple twisted". The rims on my trike are from down south, my forks were made in Washington, my fenders came from New Mexico and my paint job was done somewhere else. I know a few other people that can make custom parts but its only because they work somewhere with all the equipment to make whatever.

There is nothing wrong with making a bike to ride every day. I have a few projects that I am working on myself spacificly for riding. All I am saying is that when you do start to compete, you are going to need something better than just black paint. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts