LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p = pump
n = noid

im asking about the wiring of the noids to the left front pump (not individual, goes to a "t" with the right front pump) over to the power receive of the right front pump noids. I ask because i moved the batterys around to get four in the back right corner, and now the cable from the left front noids dont reach the pos. on that bank.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
yeah it will work the way dumps said

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Dumps@Aug 22 2006, 06:32 PM~6020672
Why only 7 batteries?
i bought the car that way, and then went and bought a bunch of paint supplys and new cylinders, no $ for a battery. it actually has room for 12. but it will be while before i get them, so I figure 4 to the front for a little quicker get up. and 3 to the back.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by demonic@Aug 22 2006, 06:41 PM~6020758
i bought the car that way, and then went and bought a bunch of paint supplys and new cylinders, no $ for a battery. it actually has room for 12. but it will be while before i get them, so I figure 4 to the front for a little quicker get up. and 3 to the back.
Well when you go get another battery, let us know so we can tell you the best way to wire it. The best way is to use all 8 batteries when you hit up the front or the back or the side. If you just add a battery now and keep the wireing the same, you will only use 4 to the sides. :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps@Aug 22 2006, 06:45 PM~6020785
Well when you go get another battery, let us know so we can tell you the best way to wire it. The best way is to use all 8 batteries when you hit up the front or the back or the side. If you just add a battery now and keep the wireing the same, you will only use 4 to the sides.  :cheesy:
:thumbsup:

also with waht u have there already u can get to snap up a lil faster by adding the other 3 batts to it...meaning run 60 or 72v to the nose and still keep 36v to the rear...if u want a diagram just let us know!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN CADDI@Aug 22 2006, 06:49 PM~6020823
:thumbsup:

also with waht u have there already u can get to snap up a lil faster by adding the other 3 batts to it...meaning run 60 or 72v to the nose and still keep 36v to the rear...if u want a diagram just let us know!!!
that would be awesome... would it not wear out the two front motors though?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by demonic@Aug 22 2006, 09:21 PM~6021879
that would be awesome... would it not wear out the two front motors though?
Actually, if you ran all 7 batteries to the front pumps, it should not kill your motors faster than normal as long as you know how to hit the switch. I would not do it the way you have it now but I know you want your play time. If you wanted the front faster and you want it reliable also, you can run 5 batteries to the pumps and the other 2 to the switches, dumps and solenoids. That is the way I would do it. Running dedicated power for the switches, dumps and solenoids will let your batteries wear down more than normal before having to charge because you are not taking power away from activating the solenoids in turn saving your solenoids from underpowering them. And when your solenoids are not getting full power, it leeds to burnt solenoids. :biggrin:

I hope that makes sense to everyone that reads it.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
this diagram shows ur set up running 72v to the nose and 36v to the rear
ive ran a few set up like this and never had any problems...just make sure u good ground to ur noids and dont let the batts run 2 low. if you notice the wires coming off the batts goin to your rear noids....u can do it two ways...the way in the diagram with 2 seperate wires coming off the batt or u can run them like the front...onw wire to one noid and jump the power to the other set of noids.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps@Aug 23 2006, 03:59 PM~6027334
UUmmm, you may want to change where you put those +s and -s on your drawing.

And yes, it can be run that way too. :biggrin:
oooops....good lookin out :thumbsup:
heres the right way

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry about the mess...I would do it like this. It makes it look really clean.

I have done a 7 battery setup a couple of years ago. I liked how it turned out.

The reason I did it that way is because we like to setup for hopping and the trunk could only fit 7 across. We did do the 7 battery setup a little different though. We put the pumps right in back of the battery rack

This is messy as hell, but I am waiting on my photoshop to come in.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Originally posted by jbfletch77@Aug 23 2006, 05:41 PM~6029329
Sorry about the mess...I would do it like this.  It makes it look really clean.

I have done a 7 battery setup a couple of years ago.  I liked how it turned out.

:uh: think you got your positive wire wrong. the front pumps is only getting 12v in your drawing.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Originally posted by layzeeboi@Aug 24 2006, 01:27 AM~6031054
:uh:  think you got your positive wire wrong. the front pumps is only getting 12v in your drawing.
i was looking at the same thing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts