LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has done or would know if it would be possible to take a 1987 305cid that came out of 87 monte, and put it into a 1985 caprice? I am also wondering if all the plug will match up with the ones that are on the caprice? The caprice already has a 305cid in it but needs new motor. Please Help!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
yeah it is possible 305 (85) and 305(87) are the same only difference is the 87 305 has center bolts on the valve covers and you exhaust manifold should be kept in with th 85 its the same only keep what you need off your 85 305 take your old stuff out of the monte and replace it with your caprice parts (due to emissions)go for its all the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
All I Know, is that the saviors for my engine swap was http://www.cad500parts.com/ they are the most knowledgable people I have yet to find in their field. They know all makes and models. They took a 8.2L 501ci engine out of an 73' el dorado and put it into my 82 deville. a swap that double my engine size from the crappy 4.1 HT4100 engine. Give them a call and ask for Chris or Courtney. Advise is free.

- Swsorcerer

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by Swsorcerer@Aug 24 2006, 02:45 PM~6034816
All I Know, is that the saviors for my engine swap was http://www.cad500parts.com/ they are the most knowledgable people I have yet to find in their field. They know all makes and models. They took a 8.2L 501ci engine out of an 73' el dorado and put it into my 82 deville. a swap that double my engine size from the crappy 4.1 HT4100 engine. Give them a call and ask for Chris or Courtney. Advise is free.

- Swsorcerer
That's great, except they specialize in Cadillac and this is a Chevy to Chevy swap. :uh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
They specialize in cadilla, but they know alot about everything else. when I visited their shop to pick up my car, they had a 16 bay shop full with every make and model you can think of.

- Swsorcerer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts