LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im from United dreams cc in yuma, az and we were in the biggest parade of the city...everything was going really good....we got 2nd place for best auto club...everyone was praising at how nice our cars are....even the events coordinators liked our cars. Well half way thru the parade a motorcyle cop pulls up next to my homies 79 chop top regal and tells him to pull out of parade because supposedly there was people complaining about the murals on the car. This car is muraled out with Mexico revolution and mexico flags and one girl whom is showing some titties and they told us to get out of parade....WTF Can they really do that???? We just felt discriminated against??what do u guys think???
 

·
Mister "24/7"
Joined
·
10,870 Posts
Originally posted by rgarcia15928@Feb 13 2010, 06:37 PM~16604456
Im from United dreams cc in yuma, az and we were in the biggest parade of the city...everything was going really good....we got 2nd place for best auto club...everyone was praising at how nice our cars are....even the events coordinators liked our cars. Well half way thru the parade a motorcyle cop pulls up next to my homies 79 chop top regal and tells him to pull out of parade because supposedly there was people complaining about the murals on the car. This car is muraled out with Mexico revolution and mexico flags and one girl whom is showing some titties and they told us to get out of parade....WTF Can they really do that???? We just felt discriminated against??what do u guys think???

Rick! Its not being discriminated against because of the raza part. Gente might have felt offended due the fact that the parades are family oriented and children are at these events. An airbrushing of a nude woman might have offended a parent or two. They do have the right to do that since its a city street you were parading on. If they had pulled purely on just airbrushings of "raza" then that would be discrimination. If your talking about silver spur, both you and I know that we had cruised that parade many times before in the past with no problems. If anything they should of asked your homie to pull out of the parade instead of the whole club. Im sorry to hear what happened.
 

·
Mister "24/7"
Joined
·
10,870 Posts
Originally posted by TwOtYme+Feb 13 2010, 06:39 PM~16604473-->
Fuck the police......... ;)
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-dken
@Feb 13 2010, 06:44 PM~16604525
but other than that....... fuck the police!

The police in Yuma are cool when it comes to lowriders. When I use to live down there they supported our clubs events with no problems. Its not the cops, its the uptight parents that dont see lowridering as an art form!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,363 Posts
Any pics of this car I would like to judge the murals for myself :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by BigMandoAZ@Feb 13 2010, 06:51 PM~16604583
Rick! Its not being discriminated against because of the raza part. Gente might have felt offended due the fact that the parades are family oriented and children are at these events. An airbrushing of a nude woman might have offended a parent or two. They do have the right to do that since its a city street you were parading on. If they had pulled purely on just airbrushings of "raza" then that would be discrimination. If your talking about silver spur, both you and I know that we had cruised that parade many times before in the past with no problems. If anything they should of asked your homie to pull out of the parade instead of the whole club. Im sorry to hear what happened.
ya u right mando we have never had problems with the police other than today...but we just figured the event coordinator when judging the car would tell us something u know what i mean.....i guess we were just upset at the fact that they made us pull out of the parade...but oh well we still got second place and the auto club that beat us was a corvette car club.... :biggrin:
 

·
Mister "24/7"
Joined
·
10,870 Posts
Originally posted by rgarcia15928@Feb 13 2010, 07:08 PM~16604697
ya u right mando we have never had problems with the police other than today...but we just figured the event coordinator when judging the car would tell us something u know what i mean.....i guess we were just upset at the fact that they made us pull out of the parade...but oh well we still got second place and the auto club that beat us was a corvette car club.... :biggrin:
just next time, if your club does family oriented events, just have homie put some black tape over the nipples and you should be ok. It just shows you have respect for for people in your community. Carshows, show all the titties you guys want!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
you know, if they were pics of american revolution, with white girl titties, woulda been a ok.... total hate on the raza, i think we have a suit.... just lemme call my lawyer... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by allbusiness@Feb 13 2010, 07:00 PM~16604643
Any pics of this car I would like to judge the murals for myself :biggrin:
X's 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,414 Posts
I wouldnt want my kids seeing it,not even in an art museum.

And lets face it,most naked murals on lowriders are less than tastefull in an art sence (no offence to the skill of the artists)

Its funny how people jump on the "being picked on" bandwagon, even after admitting to winning 2nd place in the judgeing and receiving praise from event cordinators.
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Top