LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,188 Posts
Electroplating is real.

Works on metal only though.

The electrons are diffuzed or some shit which makes the electrons move around thus moving it into the metal which it attaches to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Chicago-n@Sep 14 2006, 09:20 PM~6176141
Electroplating is real.

Works on metal only though.

The electrons are diffuzed or some shit which makes the electrons move around thus moving it into the metal which it attaches to.
it can work on plastic too ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,049 Posts
This system is for metals ! It will not work on plastic !


This was around a few years back ! But Its still just for metal items !

They use to have a phot etching machine and it came with the chrome kit but was like 2000.00 back in 99, 2000 ! LOL! I love my hobby but not that much !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 14 2006, 09:23 PM~6176175
it can work on plastic too  ;)
I didnt think this set will work ? WIll It !
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Sep 14 2006, 09:23 PM~6176177
This system  is for metals !  It will not work on plastic !
This was around a few years back !  But Its still just for metal  items !

They use to have a phot etching machine  and it came with the  chrome  kit but was like 2000.00 back in 99, 2000 !  LOL!  I love my hobby but  not  that much !
you can use it on plastic, you just have to spray the plastic with a copper spray that makes it conductive ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didn't want a battle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 14 2006, 09:25 PM~6176189
you can use it on plastic, you just have to spray the plastic with a copper spray that makes it conductive ;)
Have you tried it out ? That would be kick ass if we could do are own plating ! I will just make resin wheels left and right LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
me to but damn only 45 dollars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by iced@Sep 14 2006, 09:28 PM~6176211
i didn't want a battle
brother we ant battlin ! Martin is my brother ! I am asking question LOL! He knows alot about this side of the hobby ! And If you dont know then you need to ask !

Check some of he's stuff out ! It will help you down the road i am sure !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks bro
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Sep 14 2006, 09:29 PM~6176222
Have you tried it out ? That would be kick ass if we could do are own plating !  I will just make resin wheels left and right  LOL!
no i haven't tried it, because it's to expensive to just "try it" lol. you have to copper spray it, then copper plate it, then nickel then chrome.

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/cupwdr.htm

that micro mark kit isn't going to give you very good results unless your part is perfect to begin with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i might i would have to ask my aunt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by betoscustoms@Sep 14 2006, 09:33 PM~6176258
who wants to try it first?
You Pay I'll play ! :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Sep 14 2006, 09:34 PM~6176266
what kind of copper spray. only biggs would know
see my link. there is also a silver spray you can use. Basically you have to make the plastic part conductive, then plate it like normal.

Vacuum plating is much more economical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 14 2006, 09:33 PM~6176260
no i haven't tried it, because it's to expensive to just "try it" lol.  you have to copper spray it, then copper plate it, then nickel then chrome.

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/cupwdr.htm

that micro mark kit isn't going to give you very good results unless your part is perfect to begin with.
LOL! Hell You see the price of this shit ! LOL! We better stick to Chrometech and wait for the 3 months ! LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
to tell the truth i just didn't want to wait for chroming when i could do it at home
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top