·
0 Posts
ummmmmmmm,NO

you need atleast something like this, hobart handler 175

they are a great welder!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
you need something bigger, like at least a 175 amp, i wouldnt probally touch a frame with anything less than a 210 amp, ive personally got a 250 amp though.

O

·
0 Posts
i have a hobart ironman 250, also have a hobart handler 175

hobart makes great products, hell i even have a hobart airforce plasma torch, i have done alot of frame work with the 175, and if you have it set up correctly it will do alot of jobs just fine, iwouldnt do a whole frame with it. ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
you can weld your sheet metal with that. ;)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Nov 7 2003, 12:01 AM
i have a hobart ironman 250, also have a hobart handler 175

hobart makes great products, hell i even have a hobart airforce plasma torch, i have done alot of frame work with the 175, and if you have it set up correctly it will do alot of jobs just fine, iwouldnt do a whole frame with it. ;)
Hey Jhon that sounds like some stuff i got in my shop, LOL , you just need the hole punching machine, and hydraulic crimping maching , and some nic & ancs. Hey PM me or give me a call , had to replace my celly , and numbers went with it.

Last edited by edmunds costoms hyd at Nov 7 2003, 08:10 AM

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 7 2003, 10:41 AM
well, how do some people run mig welders from their garage's at home? that's what i am wondering???
dryer 220 hookups worked for me when i was starting out , doing cars in the driveway, but had to watch out when the wife used the microwave, it would knocked the breaker out

Last edited by edmunds costoms hyd at Nov 8 2003, 10:09 AM

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd+Nov 8 2003, 11:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edmunds costoms hyd @ Nov 8 2003, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Nacho Individuals LA@Nov 7 2003, 10:41 AM
well, how do some people run mig welders from their garage's at home? that's what i am wondering???
dryer 220 hookups worked for me when i was starting out , doing cars in the driveway, but had to watch out when the wife used the microwave, it would knocked the breaker out[/b][/quote]
same here bro,that damn microwave lol

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
i have a 220 lincoln stick welder how is that for frame work?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by droppen98@Nov 8 2003, 03:01 PM
i have a 220 lincoln stick welder how is that for frame work?
i started out with one ,and will do the trick , but a little messy with the rod ends and slag, if thats all you got and your doing your own, thats fine , if you have a shop , you should invest in a mig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts