LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car name is Isabela based off my home city of Isabela, Puerto Rico.
I found the car in Central Ohio towards the end of November of 2018, I went to go pick it up the following day. I drove it home through a mild snow storm and washed it in my garage where it stayed parked for a few month. These are photos around Thanksgiving 2018.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While I had the car put up over winter I had to decided what route I wanted to go with the car. I got into lowriders from lowrider bicycles and I am a active member of Finest Kreations B.C. based out of SoCal. I have always been interested in lowriders that paved the way in the past, so I knew I wasnt building a lowrider of the year but I wanted to build something that is inspired historical lowriding. With that in mind I went with True Spokes for my wheels, they are 50 spoke wheels but i'd like to get my hands on a set of 45 spoke wheels eventually. After getting my wheels on the car (same night) i had a blow out due to the rubber seal not being cured 100%. Dave at True Spoke took care of me and fixed the issues and I was happily riding again.

These photo are from April 2nd 2019.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In May I got my rim back from True Spoke and I was back on the road again.
At this time i currently did not have hydraulics yet but knew id be in Los Angeles in July want wanted to check out Hoppos to see their gravity fed setup because I wanted aircraft but knew its a hard group to get in with.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May 30th I stopped in Philadelphia to see a old club members lowrider bicycle at El Vez restaurant. Made me remember simple and clean is always the way to go.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the LA super show and stopped by True Spoke Wire wheels but did not get a chance to stop by Hoppos. I rode the rest of the season on stock springs and meet up with lowriders in my area.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By October I upgraded headlight/tail lights. I went with a OG looking radio that has modern input. Went with duel antenna with the 76 toppers. Duel bumper guards on the rear. Blinds and 1964 rocker panel trim. I was happy with the progress I made over the year but needed to seriously start thinking about my hydraulic setup.

These photos are from October 29, 2019
73142080_10221334303485950_711770587407581184_o.jpg

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reached out to hoppos several times about getting a gravity fed system but I sent them a photo of a aircraft setup and and asked them if they could duplicate it just with their motors. We agreed on a price for it all and I was ready to move forward; but then a homie Jon Lara in Michigan and I started talking and he provided me with Ted Wells contact information and we talked about going Aircraft instead of lifegate.

SIDE STORY:
in 2012 I tried to buy this car in Indiana but the car had just sold. It was riding on (2) 777 Pescos and Daytons for $5000. Not getting this car has always bothered me because I really liked the setup and the fact that the Pesco motors were made in my current city.

Now back on with the story.
So i was knowledgeable about what the difference between a aircraft and a liftgate setup were. I just heard of so many people getting burnt on aircraft setups. Lets be honest its not a cheap route to go if you decide to go with a aircraft setup. But I knew that's what I wanted so I send the loot over to Ted by the end of November. I was in San Francisco December 12th 2019 and almost did the drive down to LA to pick up the setup but realized it was a long drive so I meet up with Nathan Trujillo editor of Lowrider Bicycle Magazine in San Jose instead. I wanted to record the conversation bit Nathan didn't want to be recorded at that time.

Christmas happens and then I end up flying out to San Diego the first week if January to pick up my hydraulics setup from Mr. Ted Wells.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drive back to San Diego from Los Angeles and pack everything in my suite case and take all the equipment back to Cleveland, Ohio. I was able to get all my equipment on the plane as a carry on see the video below if you're interested in hearing how that with when TSA check it.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meetup with Mike Lopez owner of Cadillac Connect and founder of Finest Kreations B.C. and recorded a podcast but it never came out because Mike had Covid-19 and I didn't know at the time, this is early January 2020 and we just thought it was the flu. I ended up with a dry cough and red eyes a few days after getting back to Ohio. Didn't matter much because the following week I was in Puerto Rico getting Vitamin C.

This photo below is from Isabela, Puerto Rico I took while on the island.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lookin’ good Kiloz! I’ll definitely be following this thread 😁 My dream car right here! Sorry if I interrupted and you’re still posting.
Nahhh youre good homie, I'm done for now, got to keep working away on this setup so I can post it up.

I still need cylinders from Black Magic, and some springs. I plan on running their O.G.T.W. cylinders 6" in the front and 10" in the rear. I spoke with Ron before this lock down stuff started and he didn't have them both in chrome so I decided to hold off at that time. I may need to give him a call in a few days to get the ball rolling on this again.

I plan in running 2 ton springs all around. If I can find some OG aircraft pistion accumulators ill go with them. If not I'll get the BMH ones. I just want to lay and have a good ride where ever I'm headed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
SIDE STORY:
in 2012 I tried to buy this car in Indiana but the car had just sold. It was riding on (2) 777 Pescos and Daytons for $5000. Not getting this car has always bothered me because I really liked the setup and the fact that the Pesco motors were made in my current city.

I saw this video some years ago. I thought the set up was clean and for $5,000? What?! The wheels and set up are worth more than that! That’s a deal! Don’t beat yourself up on not getting the car because I think aircraft set ups are best in cars from 1964 and older. You’re doing good by putting such a set up in a 64. The same thing happened happened to me back in 2008 or 09 an older guy had a restored low mileage 72 boat tail riviera with fresh stock paint and interior and an engine bay you could eat off of. He was only asking $3,600 so I knew I could get it for less. I had a 76 coupe De’ville that I put up for sale to get the rivi. I got a call from a guy who wanted to meet up and buy it. I called the guy with the rivi and he said it just sold! That would have been my first lowrider. I was gonna put an older fenner stone set up in it with True Spokes, 5.20s and rabbit ear antenna. Oh well. It happens.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw this video some years ago. I thought the set up was clean and for $5,000? What?! The wheels and set up are worth more than that! That’s a deal! Don’t beat yourself up on not getting the car because I think aircraft set ups are best in cars from 1964 and older. You’re doing good by putting such a set up in a 64. The same thing happened happened to me back in 2008 or 09 an older guy had a restored low mileage 72 boat tail riviera with fresh stock paint and interior and an engine bay you could eat off of. He was only asking $3,600 so I knew I could get it for less. I had a 76 coupe De’ville that I put up for sale to get the rivi. I got a call from a guy who wanted to meet up and buy it. I called the guy with the rivi and he said it just sold! That would have been my first lowrider. I was gonna put an older fenner stone set up in it with True Spokes, 5.20s and rabbit ear antenna. Oh well. It happens.
Like i said in the other thread, Rivi's are the perfect car for lowriding. I like fenner stone setups and i obviously dig Tru's. I need to grab some 5.20's for this season.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That’s crazy you guys had covid-19. How‘s Mike doing now? Is he better? I’m like you, I started with lowrider bikes too. At least that was the first lowrider I had that I could actually ride. I had hot wheels and model cars with switches. We would have model car hopping contests in the cafeteria in middle school hopping our cars next to a shoe box with a ruler taped to it. Although I had my first old school at 22 but didn’t have my first lowrider until I was 23 I consider myself to have been a lowrider all my life. I was always lowering RC cars and die cast models and even mountain bikes. I’ve loved lowriders as long as I can remember. When it’s in your blood, it’s in your blood. I’m sure you can relate.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Like i said in the other thread, Rivi's are the perfect car for lowriding. I like fenner stone setups and i obviously dig Tru's. I need to grab some 5.20's for this season.
Rivi’s are cool but I like your car better. Holds better value too. Those new reproduction 5.20s are hard to come by because they are always sold out. They need to do something about that. When they become available you might want to stock up. Are you going to extend your uppers or leave them stock like old school lowriders did?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I plan in running 2 ton springs all around. If I can find some OG aircraft pistion accumulators ill go with them. If not I'll get the BMH ones. I just want to lay and have a good ride where ever I'm headed.
I had a homeboy that had a 96 Fleetwood that just had accumulators in the rear and it rode like a dream. Couldn’t even tell he was cut.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s crazy you guys had covid-19. How‘s Mike doing now? Is he better? I’m like you, I started with lowrider bikes too. At least that was the first lowrider I had that I could actually ride. I had hot wheels and model cars with switches. We would have model car hopping contests in the cafeteria in middle school hopping our cars next to a shoe box with a ruler taped to it. Although I had my first old school at 22 but didn’t have my first lowrider until I was 23 I consider myself to have been a lowrider all my life. I was always lowering RC cars and die cast models and even mountain bikes. I’ve loved lowriders as long as I can remember. When it’s in your blood, it’s in your blood. I’m sure you can relate.
Mike got over that just like everyone else in Californian who had it already. Lowrider bikes had a big impact on my upbringing, when other kids wanted to play PS2 I wanted to learn how to weld. When other kids were playing outside I was lacing up bike wheels. I always liked the model cars but didn't have the skill set for them. I was born in 1990, in 1994/95 I saw my first lowrider bicycle. A kid on my block had a 12" tricycle with a sterio and his dad would walk around with him as he rode it blasting salsa music though the neighborhood. This is a photo of the tricycle with out the the stereo trailer. Doesnt look like anything now but in 94/95 this was a huge juxtaposition to the GT Pro Performers that were all over the neighborhood.

Photo credit goes to Fantasy Toys Lowrider Bicycles & Hobby.
Not sure when this photo was taken but i know its a early photo because it was later modified more.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a homeboy that had a 96 Fleetwood that just had accumulators in the rear and it rode like a dream. Couldn’t even tell he was cut.
I had the modern coconut Parker accumulators on my Cutlass and it rode better. I still have my accumulators but I want the piston ones. I like the look of them and think I know how id run them on my current layout.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had the modern coconut Parker accumulators on my Cutlass and it rode better. I still have my accumulators but I want the piston ones. I like the look of them and think I know how id run them on my current layout.

View attachment 2024700
That cutlas was clean! I wouldn’t have thought of doing white and red but it looks good. Were those the stock colors? G bodies are the only cars I wouldn‘t lay flat on the ground because to me they look funny on the frame. I like the height yours was at.

·
Registered
1987 Cutlass Supreme
41 Posts
that's crazy how you got that set up through a flight as a carry on. I'm surprised those fools didn't think it was a bomb. Anyhow that set up is going to be sick. Loving the trues, the only other wheel I would like to own. Clean ride G.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts