LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
that's crazy how you got that set up through a flight as a carry on. I'm surprised those fools didn't think it was a bomb. Anyhow that set up is going to be sick. Loving the trues, the only other wheel I would like to own. Clean ride G.
I was nervous about not getting though, but i read a lot a threads of people taking engine parts on a plane as long as there is no oil or gas. If you watched the video you can tell they have never experienced anything like this before. On the bright side it was SD and they knew what a lowrider was, cant imagine this being as easy on the east coast. True's just give it that classic car look like Cragar's. I almost went Dayton at first being I could of picked them up in person, but I don't regret picking True's.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That cutlas was clean! I wouldn’t have thought of doing white and red but it looks good. Were those the stock colors? G bodies are the only cars I wouldn‘t lay flat on the ground because to me they look funny on the frame. I like the height yours was at.
I don't beleive that was a stock color combo but ive seen it on a few Porsche's in the area and thought it was a good combo. But im not as knowledgeable about Gbody's. I just knew how I wanted mine to look at that time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't beleive that was a stock color combo but ive seen it on a few Porsche's in the area and thought it was a good combo. But im not as knowledgeable about Gbody's. I just knew how I wanted mine to look at that time.
I usually see folks with blue cutlasses around here. There’s one down the street from me with gold engraved bumper guards. I‘ve always liked the stock blue color with the blue vinyl top on the mid 80s regals. If I built a G body I would go with that color scheme. White would be too plain on a regal but you pulled it off on the cutlass.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Besides installing hydraulics, what are your plans for the six-four?
I have have a lot of plans but dont like to talk about them until they are atleast in the works. I want to get the car to a high street car status that is almost show quality. I just need to look everything over for example yesterday when I had it out my power assist kept going out so I need to get that looked at, I would pour fluid in and boom its on the floor. I want a solid driver that will take me from point A to B and do it safely but I can lay on the ground.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have have a lot of plans but dont like to talk about them until they are atleast in the works. I want to get the car to a high street car status that is almost show quality. I just need to look everything over for example yesterday when I had it out my power assist kept going out so I need to get that looked at, I would pour fluid in and boom its on the floor. I want a solid driver that will take me from point A to B and do it safely but I can lay on the ground.
Yeah I kinda had the feeling you were keeping your lips sealed for now. Can’t wait to get me a six four!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Your 66 looks solid, any impala until the 70's look solid to me. Only Impala from the 70's for me is a Glass/Rag house.
Thanks. I really want a 64 but since it’s my dream car the only way I would build one would have to be a frame off and it would take me like 3 years or more of saving money to buy the car and have the money to build it, not to mention the time it would take to actually have it built. I haven‘t had a lowrider in 7 years so I bought the 66 because I knew I could build it quickly since I was ready to hit the blvd. I’m just getting my feet wet in the chevy/impala game with the 66. I’ve gone back in forth about keeping it or selling it. I‘ll eventually sell it after I’ve enjoyed it for 4 or 5 years after it’s done after I get a 64. No need to have 2 lowriders. I‘d rather be collecting monthly interest on extra money in my credit union account.

As far as 70 Impalas go, the only impala I would actually buy from the 70s is the 1970 impala. It’s ok. I like the 69 better. The only glasshouse I would buy is the 76 Caprice. Love those square headlights. Don’t like the round headlights on the impala version. After I get a 64 I don’t want to ever get a car newer than 64 again as long as my finances will allow it.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Spoke to Pirtek (The company I am going to hardline my setup) and they ordered my stainless line in, shouldn't be long now. With that being said I've spent a decent amount of money on fittings I don't even need after all. This is my first aircraft setup I'm building so there is a lot of trial and error especially since there is no one locally to help me and I haven't wanted to share to many photos.

I will share photos of the setup once its hardlined but I am inspired from one setup in particular and I checked with the owner to make sure he is ok with me doing something similar even thought he got rid of his setup and car.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Spoke to Pirtek (The company I am going to hardline my setup) and they ordered my stainless line in, shouldn't be long now. With that being said I've spent a decent amount of money on fittings I don't even need after all. This is my first aircraft setup I'm building so there is a lot of trial and error especially since there is no one locally to help me and I haven't wanted to share to many photos.

I will share photos of the setup once its hardlined but I am inspired from one setup in particular and I checked with the owner to make sure he is ok with me doing something similar even thought he got rid of his setup and car.

View attachment 2024732

View attachment 2024733 View attachment 2024734
That does look good. You can’t just have the installer do the hardlines when he installs the setup? You want 4 dumps for side to side?

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That does look good. You can’t just have the installer do the hardlines when he installs the setup? You want 4 dumps for side to side?
I'm installing it all myself, I just want the hardlines done rite. I've never done it before and didn't want to experiment with this setup.

You need at least (3) dumps or else you'll be sliding side by side when you turn. I would like to run EQ's if I could find some, maybe on a future project. I'm running a really similar layout to the one I posted (4) Adex.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm installing it all myself, I just want the hardlines done rite. I've never done it before and didn't want to experiment with this setup.

You need at least (3) dumps or else you'll be sliding side by side when you turn. I would like to run EQ's if I could find some, maybe on a future project. I'm running a really similar layout to the one I posted (4) Adex.
That’s good you installing it yourself. Will definitely keep cost down. I’m not brave enough to do my own install nor do I have the tools. Yeah I heard that when you only have one dump to a pump your car sways When you turn. I like to run 4 dumps cuz I gotta have side to side.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I’m familiar with sun break 64. Don‘t remember it having a conti kit though. I like the set up on the 63. The blue 64 is my favorite, That’s the exact color I want to paint a 64 when I get one, Silver blue poly... Except I want mine to have 13s and no conti kit... or are those custom made 13s? Can’t tell with the 5.20s.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Went to go checked out my boy Max in Defiance, Ohio. I wanted him involved in my build because his history with Ohio lowriders. Map above shows his location in comparision to where I am bases out of.

·
Registered
250 Posts
View attachment 2024795
Went to go checked out my boy Max in Defiance, Ohio. I wanted him involved in my build because his history with Ohio lowriders. Map above shows his location in comparision to where I am bases out of.

Cool video. I watched the whole thing. Would like to see an update on that four and sixty.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
As you can tell with my last video I made a new intro but it felt too long so I remade it with a similar background, changed up the animation and I'm using a track by the homie Spigg in Detroit.

If you're interested in his music here is a play list to his last album on youtube.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts