LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
It now has a flaked out roof. He’s touchdowntodd on here. I remember an old post where he was saying that if you want to lay frame on 14s with 63/64 impalas you have to raise the rear tunnel. Have you heard that before?
Yea thats just like notching (BODY DROP) when they talk about mini trucks. I've seen it done on gbody's too. Essentially youre just giving more room for the axle to go into the frame. you only need a about 3" on a x frame where some mini trucks are like 8-12".

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yea thats just like notching (BODY DROP) when they talk about mini trucks. I've seen it done on gbody's too. Essentially youre just giving more room for the axle to go into the frame. you only need a about 3" on a x frame where some mini trucks are like 8-12".
I love lowriders to lay frame but I personally wouldn’t lay the frame on a g body or town car. It doesn’t look right in my opinion. When I get a 64 I’ll be raising the tunnel so the frame can rest on the axle tube and the driveshaft not rub when rolling that low. I was told you don’t have to do that on 66 Impalas, thank god.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The dude with the red 68 rag at 1:38 is the guy who sold my car to the guy who sold it to me. I mailed him at the address on the title and it turns out my car is not a one owner after all. We’ve been communicating and he told me he had planned on doing a frame off on my 66 and painting it a gold or champagne color.

·
I got the wildstyle
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The dude with the red 68 rag at 1:38 is the guy who sold my car to the guy who sold it to me. I mailed him at the address on the title and it turns out my car is not a one owner after all. We’ve been communicating and he told me he had planned on doing a frame off on my 66 and painting it a gold or champagne color.
Thats awesome, David is GT Indianapolis. Ill see him again this weekend at his clubs picnic. Good dude for sure, he started with a 68 and said hes happy he has another 68 rag now. He just finished the gold leaf work, sadly it rained most of the day. Hopefully this weekends weather is better.

·
I got the wildstyle
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Working in the garage on getting the rack welded into the Impala. Still have to get the battery in but I need to get a new grinder and some grinding wheels. Im trying to keep everything molded.

·
I got the wildstyle
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Here is another one, as you can see I have a new beauty wall and the tray is in there. I need to relocate my return line but other then that everything when well. I need the grinding wheel to make the holes I filled flush.

·
I got the wildstyle
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Everything is in the trunk, bolted down and ready to be tested.

Im running 24 volts to each motor, i need to find a location thats accesable but hidden for my solenoids. Im thinking of welding some metal to the back side of the the battery rack. My switch panel is wired and isntalled so all I have to do is minor stuff now. Shouldnt be long.

I'm waiting on a few items to come in still:
1. Hoses
2. battery terminal connectors
3. 1/0 cable

·
Registered
305 Posts
Everything is in the trunk, bolted down and ready to be tested.

Im running 24 volts to each motor, i need to find a location thats accesable but hidden for my solenoids. Im thinking of welding some metal to the back side of the the battery rack. My switch panel is wired and isntalled so all I have to do is minor stuff now. Shouldnt be long.

I'm waiting on a few items to come in still:
1. Hoses
2. battery terminal connectors
3. 1/0 cable

View attachment 2025356
Looks good! Good job!

·
I got the wildstyle
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Trunk is all wired up, this weekend ill get some time to cut some holes and insert the cylinders.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts