LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running 2 yellow tops and i have a 80 amp stinger isolater is that good enough or should i have gotten a higher amp one(should of asked before i brought it)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
honestly you dont need one unless you play the stereo for long periods of time without the car running.....

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 20 2005, 06:37 PM~3853572
honestly you dont need one unless you play the stereo for long periods of time without the car running.....

An isolator simply checks if a battery is fully charged before allowing the secondary battery to be recharged...

That has nothing to do with the car not running, as the isolator serves as a charging switch.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 21 2005, 12:32 AM~3855132
An isolator simply checks if a battery is fully charged before allowing the secondary battery to be recharged...
That has nothing to do with the car not running, as the isolator serves as a charging switch.
a switch that keeps the batteries seperated from eachother... thus allowing u to play ur shit without the car running and not discharging the main battery.....

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 07:42 AM~3856179
a switch that keeps the batteries seperated from eachother... thus allowing u to play ur shit without the car running and not discharging the main battery.....

I would beg to differ, it does NOT stop power from coming from both batteries, it ONLY stops a charge from reaching the secondary battery before the main battery is charged.

Do your research homie, it is a simple idea, not a 2 way path.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
The Battery Isolator.

The battery isolator is a device that allows the cars alternator to recharge the auxiliary battery while protecting the cars starting battery from discharging, if these batteries are simply linked together you run the very real risk of draining them both to a level that you can not start the engine

http://www.fridge-and-solar.net/dual_bat.htm

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Battery Isolators:
Many people listen to their stereo without the engine running. This often leads to dead batteries and a vehicle that won't start. A battery isolator will let you completely discharge one battery without discharging the starting battery.

http://www.bcae1.com/battiso.htm

how about you do your homework homie..

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 21 2005, 12:12 PM~3856988
Maybe try looking up what the defination of what a Diode is first?
I dont wanna :0

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 21 2005, 10:04 AM~3856540
I would beg to differ, it does NOT stop power from coming from both batteries, it ONLY stops a charge from reaching the secondary battery before the main battery is charged.

Do your research homie, it is a simple idea, not a 2 way path.
really? last i checked, it did keep the 2 batteries seperated if you wire it up right, the whole idea is to have the secondary battery running its own "system"

it will actually alternate power between the 2, only making sure the main battery always gets more of a charge, when its full, it works on the secondary battery, whoever told you how a isolator doesn't "isolate" the 2 batteries, was smokin some pretty good stuff.....

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 11:36 AM~3856763
Battery Isolators:
    Many people listen to their stereo without the engine running. This often leads to dead batteries and a vehicle that won't start. A battery isolator will let you completely discharge one battery without discharging the starting battery.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 10:36 AM~3856763
Battery Isolators:

ownage...lol

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Clown that fool ! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts