LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Garbageman
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't afford candy but i'm thinkin of goin green with green flakes(subtle ones, not too big) and some center golds. still deciding on whether to paint my top white or do the whole thing green. Pics and opinions would be appreciated.

it's either green or brandywine with centergolds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@Dec 23 2008, 04:28 PM~12509001
I can't afford candy but i'm thinkin of goin green with green flakes(subtle ones, not too big) and some center golds.  still deciding on whether to paint my top white or do the whole thing green.  Pics and opinions would be appreciated.

it's either green or brandywine with centergolds
you can affrod center golds but not kandy...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,649 Posts
It was - Go look at a paint chip book at your local supplier color.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,422 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Dec 23 2008, 05:31 PM~12510324
Candy organic green
X2...IT WAS ORGANIC GREEN...JUST HAVE WHO EVER PAINTS IT NOT TO PUT ON TOO MANY COATS...ITS GETS DARK QUICK ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by BlueBerry@Dec 24 2008, 12:24 AM~12514746
It was - Go look at a paint chip book at your local supplier color.........
:roflmao: :roflmao: I always love that color!
 

·
The Garbageman
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Ragtop. It seems like you got all the answers I need. And since i just got my first Impala, I'm gonna have alot of them
 

·
409
Joined
·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@Dec 24 2008, 03:33 PM~12519300
thanks Ragtop. It seems like you got all the answers I need. And since i just got my first Impala, I'm gonna have alot of them
No problem. :biggrin: I wish layitlow was online when I was starting out. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,363 Posts
Originally posted by caddyking@Dec 24 2008, 06:33 PM~12519300
thanks Ragtop. It seems like you got all the answers I need. And since i just got my first Impala, I'm gonna have alot of them
the paint code is in the LRM issue the car came out in...

I belive the owner was David Gonzales
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Dec 23 2008, 05:31 PM~12510324
Candy organic green
Don't know if this helps :dunno:
Candy organic green over a yellow or blue base, can't remember which one. :biggrin:





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
The Impala in the video is Family Jewel and it is House of Kolor Organic Green Kandy over a gold flake base.
 

·
The Garbageman
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dunno man, i'm thinkin bout brandywine, too. i can't find too many pics of brandywine 63's though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by BlueBerry@Dec 24 2008, 02:24 AM~12514746
It was - Go look at a paint chip book at your local supplier color.........
nah man he needs that exact color or it wont work. the name has to be the same and everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
Silver base
Shamrock green toner (patterns)
PPG Raidiance Green Dye

That will get you what you are looking for; not to mention it generally is cheaper than HOK and easier to work with.
 

·
The Garbageman
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right now it's in the shop gettin most of the major bodywork taken care of. i'll get some pics when i get it and start a build up thread
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top