LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few days ago about my front getting locked up. Well I'm still having the same problem even with someone else hitting the switches.

Some people suggested for me to run my dumps at 36V and if it continues then run 4 dumps to the front?

Can someone answer please!!!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
dont run anymore than 24 v and in what way is it getting locked up? is it getting stuck - stuckwhere u have to crack the hose to drop it or what?

·
Registered
512 Posts
The only time you can run 36v to a italian is if it has 24v on the solenoid part. Other than that you can run 36v to try and release the pressure from the dump but the easiest way is to crack to hose at the front.

Eric

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
sounds like your overlocking the suspension..bleed some pressure off

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by socalwhiteguy@Dec 31 2003, 10:41 AM
The only time you can run 36v to a italian is if it has 24v on the solenoid part. Other than that you can run 36v to try and release the pressure from the dump but the easiest way is to crack to hose at the front.

Eric
damn you... you beat me to the punch on this one... :angry: ;)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
i read your last post, i think you need to open up your slow downs,alot!
there are really only two things that will make your car do this while hopping

bad timing
and tight slowdowns

i say open them all the way and see if it still happens.

p.s. stop listening to whoever is telling you this 36v 4 dump crap
4 dumps wont make much of a diferance unless you have 4 return hoses and 4 return ports on your blocks :cool:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
I ran 36 to a Delta one time, it didnt last long, but it opened fast as hell.

But NO dont do it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by T N D CUSTOMS@Dec 31 2003, 05:18 PM
WHATS UP MAN CHECK ON YOUR COIL SEE IF IT READS 24V OR 12V THAT COULD BE YOU WHOLE PROBLEM.SOME COMPANIES SELL THE ITALIANS WITH 24V COILS AND THHAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE THEM.
yea we found that out too, we put some 12v delta coils on when they locked , and it fix that problem . Change the coils, you need the juice to open them, and a 24v will lock up with the high pressure

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1). I don't have any slowdowns what so ever.

2). If I put 4 dumps I'll have to put one of the returns on the tank opening.

3). I bled the system more than 6 times already and I also released the air that was pressurized in the tank through the air valve

4). I saw a cutlass (dancer) and he is using 36 volts and 4 dumps to the front.

5). My coils reads 24 volts

6). If I were to put 36 volts I'll put 2 solenoids sepreatly

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by WANNADANCE@Dec 31 2003, 06:20 PM

3). I bled the system more than 6 times already and I also released the air that was pressurized in the tank through the air valve

well, then you are going to have to run a solenoid at 36 volts to the dump and use the power from the switch to activate the dump... either that, or put a 12 coil on it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Dec 31 2003, 06:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Dec 31 2003, 06:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--WANNADANCE@Dec 31 2003, 06:20 PM

well, then you are going to have to run a solenoid at 36 volts to the dump and use the power from the switch to activate the dump... either that, or put a 12 coil on it.[/b][/quote]
we had 8 pumps in the rasing hell truck , and had the same problem . the dumps locked up after a couple hits. I notice that the tops were 24v, i told jhon to try some 12v tops to see what happens, all we had were some old delta tops , put them on and no more problems with that. so running 36v , and extra silinoids is the last thing i would try.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd+Jan 1 2004, 10:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edmunds costoms hyd @ Jan 1 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 31 2003, 06:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--WANNADANCE
@Dec 31 2003, 06:20 PM

well, then you are going to have to run a solenoid at 36 volts to the dump and use the power from the switch to activate the dump... either that, or put a 12 coil on it.
we had 8 pumps in the rasing hell truck , and had the same problem . the dumps locked up after a couple hits. I notice that the tops were 24v, i told jhon to try some 12v tops to see what happens, all we had were some old delta tops , put them on and no more problems with that. so running 36v , and extra silinoids is the last thing i would try.[/b][/quote]
You know as well as I do that people are gonna do what they want anyway... we did the same thing with Ron's truck, put 12 volt coils on it with the same result... no more problems!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd+Jan 1 2004, 11:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edmunds costoms hyd @ Jan 1 2004, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

we had 8 pumps in the rasing hell truck , and had the same problem . the dumps locked up after a couple hits. I notice that the tops were 24v, i told jhon to try some 12v tops to see what happens, all we had were some old delta tops , put them on and no more problems with that. so running 36v , and extra silinoids is the last thing i would try.[/b][/quote]
12volt coils is the way to go! what up edmund! ;)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Jan 1 2004, 11:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Jan 1 2004, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -edmunds costoms [email protected] 1 2004, 10:07 AM

we had 8 pumps in the rasing hell truck , and had the same problem . the dumps locked up after a couple hits. I notice that the tops were 24v, i told jhon to try some 12v tops to see what happens, all we had were some old delta tops , put them on and no more problems with that. so running 36v , and extra silinoids is the last thing i would try.
You know as well as I do that people are gonna do what they want anyway... we did the same thing with Ron's truck, put 12 volt coils on it with the same result... no more problems!!![/b][/quote]
yea i cought that in the photo shoot , in Ron's settup. Well at least were on the same page.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs+Jan 1 2004, 01:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Equipped Customs @ Jan 1 2004, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -edmunds costoms [email protected] 1 2004, 11:07 AM

12volt coils is the way to go! what up edmund! ;)[/b][/quote]
Whats up Jhon , hope you stayed out of troble last night . Play it safe, stood home , except for the dam fools shooting in the air at 12 o clock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts