LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 64 about 12 years ago....since then i've been driving it almost every weekend....so now, its time for a little face lift ....here are some pics before I tore it down...

I brought the car to Steve Deman, and began tearing it down, doing body work and started laying tape....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...Fast forward to some color....Heavy texture in the candy was done (an old school technique done used to really make the candy pop and give intense depth in the paint)

...OG Gold Murano Pearl was used...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They just look better to me than being shaved. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Anyway's keep us posted with pics. Thanks for sharing.
I love the way they look with all the emblems, handles, antennas also..."that street look" ...its just that i had it that way for a long time and i want to make it a lil different...plus i wanted it to fit in when i parked it next to my Dads car and my Uncles car ...ill post up more pics real soon....thanks

my Dads car....

my Uncles car...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
yes, if you notice i shaved the antennas also...along with the handles, mirrors, the flags on the fenders, the stock speaker grill on the dash....its gonna have custom paint, so why would i want to keep the stock body tags on it?

Car looks SICK bro! Hell yeah all that lil custom stuff sets the cars apart from all the others out there. It takes balls to shave stuff off an Impala! Can't wait to see it in person bro.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
yes, if you notice i shaved the antennas also...along with the handles, mirrors, the flags on the fenders, the stock speaker grill on the dash....its gonna have custom paint, so why would i want to keep the stock body tags on it?

can i have everything you shaved off lol i got replace all those pieces seriously your car is looking good and ur dad and uncle rides are beautiful!!! keep the pics coming:thumbsup:

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Hey homie seen your ride at Steve's when I picked up my 64 and I thought to myself how can you improve such a ride but now I see :thumbsup: give my best to Steve next time you see him.

·
est. 1972
8,238 Posts
SHAVED EMBLEMS AND STUFF IS GOOD CAUSE IF YOU NEED THE EMBLEMS TO TELL ITS AN IMPALA.... WOW. IM GOING TO TRY TO DO THAT TO MY BIG BODY.... THIS CAR LOOKS AMAZINGLY GOOD AS WELL AS YOUR DADS.... YOU TOOK IT TO THE RIGHT GUY TO GET THE WORK DONE... STEVE IS ALWAYS ON SOMETHING NEW....

1 - 20 of 221 Posts