LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant believe this shit, i worked my ass off repairing what i THOUGHT was the problem of my oil leak and i come back from drivign and its all over my damn engine and shit!!

omg i cant believe this, im so mad now.

i ran a couple of tests after degreasing the engine..
i drove the car normally for a few minutes, came back and no leaks..

i drove the car around the block doggin it some and the oil was just covering everything.. everything to where i can tell WHERE the fuck it came from..

with it sitting idling, NO leaks ive sat and watched it above and below on idle. no leaks

i sat and watched it above and below after turning off the engine.. no leaks.

so theres something loose somewhere, another gasket broken, or a hoel somwhere in the front of the engine thats spewing out oil during harsh driving..

i replaced the oil pan gasket, timing chain cover gaskets, crankshaft seal, WHAT ELSE IS THERE?!? arggg this is pissin me off.. im about to just say fuck it and give it to a shop for them to look at..

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that the thing on one of the valve covers, or on the intake manifold?

i replaced some pcv valve on the manifold before, didnt replace the grommet though...

·
Triple OG
11,047 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Aug 18 2005, 03:11 PM~3652203
is that the thing on one of the valve covers, or on the intake manifold?

i replaced some pcv valve on the manifold before, didnt replace the grommet though...

valve covers.

the one on the manifold is for the brake booster.

look at your distrubitor gasket, and your valve cover gaskets. I bet its the valve cover one...

the pressure isn't high enough at idle to leak so thats why your not seeing it at idle. Try reving it manually at the carb and see where it leaks from.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Aug 18 2005, 05:07 PM~3652483
head gasket. your in denial.
your wrong

the alternator is the problem

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep, it was the alternator leaking oil.. the smog pump was pouring out oil too but i stopped that by taking it out. ;)

i replaced the pcv valve and put my stock breather back on so that proper circulation will occur (had edelbrock chrome cleaner on and pcv wasnt connected)

i thought if it was the head gaskets, it would let antifreeze leak, not oil...

i'll replace the valve cover gaskets eventually.. for all i know that could be the prolem

thanks guys for the help!
i'll leave you all alone now..

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the pcv valve going to breather on pass side, and stock cap (closed i think, no breathing) on the driver side.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
check and see if you dont have a pipe fitting or some kind of a block off piece that maybe didnt get put back in. oil does not travel though the ports in the heads, only through the galleys by the springs rockers and pushrods. so i doubt its head gaskets. why not start it and manually hit the throttle with the car in park. bring the rpms up and see if you cant watch where it comes from...instead of guessing when its all over the place, and MAKE SURE TO REFILL IT EACH TIME SOME COMES OUT> or youll be doing more than finding an oil leak. good luck

·
Registered
942 Posts
pcv valve for sure same thing happened too my 85 monte,i pulled up too a gas station and this bitch is like your car is leakin oil bad,i thought it was athe heads,but got it home and found out it wasnt,the hose that goes into the breather has a filter on the inside of the breather : replace everything

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
just an idea ...have you cheched the gasket around the fuel pump bracket that is not leaking oil there maybe? then slung by crank damper?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea the fuel gasket is fine..

i replaced the whole pcv setup, pcv valve, hose, filter, and put my stock breather back on. I had an edelbrock chrome breather on and the pcv wasnt hooked to it, that couldve been the problem.

well, ive been drivign all weekend, no leaks and the engine bay is still clean!!!
fixed a vacuum leak and everythings runnin great!!

thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
also make sure (if you hadnt by now) that the oil pressure switch below the AC unit on the right hand side of the block up front is ok, they like to get brittle and rupture when they get old. oil will come out and make it also a bitch to start up because it sends the 12v+ to the coil . no pressure = no fire.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I think its time for u to get a sledge hammer and teach it whos the boss. Fuckin pos will start thinking it owns the world after a while. BAM!!! :machinegun:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts