LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and looked at some rims for my New Lincoln, and this is what I decided was best. 20" Ferretti rims,$2500 with spinners,
the rims themselves have the fat six bar look, then with the big 3 blade fan spinner, Is this a good deal? these are the best looking rims I have seen yet, I put a down payment down of $100

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
what type of lincoln? be careful because most spinners stick out A LOT on lincolns... main reason why i didnt go with them

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No ,that price is without tires, how much more will a nice set of tires cost me, the spinners on the rims have the 3 wide fan blade look to them, I can't find them anywhere online, can someone post up some websights where I can check out the prices on spinners, i just want to make sure that i'm not getting ripped off

Can anyone else offer me a better deal for these rims, thanx

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Sep 24 2003, 03:35 PM

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rims are going on a a 96 Lincoln towncar, I sold the 77 lincoln and bought a newer lincoln, needed a change,
So this means that if the rims(spinners) stick out they will be illegal? or just wont look good? Would they be sticking out really far? like to the point where it looks shitty? So is everyone basicly sayn don't do it? I can switch my downpayment to any rims, I was also looking at some 17" Limited for $800 w/o tires, but I don't know if that will look right, i mean it is a bigass car, if I can't get these spinners, then I am going to go buy the Limited rims, I need some advice

these are the Limited 17's,
they only come in 17", and 22", and with 22's I would have to cut the wheel well's ,and I don't want to do all that
what ya think

http://www.thedealonwheels.com/php/showwhe...d&brandsearch=1

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
You can usually get limited wheels cheap I see limited wheels in lowrider magizines for 799 with tiresfor 17s. havent seen that style but it still should be about the same price

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by LSonDubz@Sep 22 2003, 07:17 PM
what type of lincoln? be careful because most spinners stick out A LOT on lincolns... main reason why i didnt go with them
The make of the car doesn't have an effect on wheather the "chopper kit" sticks out or not.

It all depands on the rim you buy. If the rim has a big lip, then maybe the chopper it would be flosh with the rim.

Now if the the rim has no lip, or little clarence, then it's going to stick out, which makes it look hella nasty.

$100 buck deposit?!?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz@Sep 24 2003, 09:05 AM
WITH TIRES????CAUSE IM LIKE DAMM I SOULD RASE MY PRICES IM DOING 2800 WITH SPINNERS,RIMM AND TIRES...
Yo dude, just in case you didnt see this for what it was ..... THIS IS A BIG FUCKIN HINT :biggrin: :biggrin:

you are about to pay more than you need to ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how can I tell if it is a face wheel, and what do you mean by lip? the edge of the rim, don't all rims have a lip?

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Sep 25 2003, 05:43 PM

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone have any comments, because if not then I'm gunna go and pick up the Limited rims today, anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
742 Posts
the Limited rims would look good or you could get the Limited 357 rims those would look clean on tha car.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Sep 25 2003, 06:43 PM
how can I tell if it is a face wheel, and what do you mean by lip? the edge of the rim, don't all rims have a lip?
reg face wheel:

rim with lip

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Originally posted by Chamber53@Sep 24 2003, 08:28 PM
The make of the car doesn't have an effect on wheather the "chopper kit" sticks out or not.
some lincolns hold a fwd offset, and as we all know spinning rims + fwd offset, do not go together in the same sentence

1 - 19 of 19 Posts