LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is better to have more psi or more gallons?

and just out of pure curiosity

why doesnt anyone run the air from the dump valves back into the tank?

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Jan 9 2009, 10:36 PM~12659052
which is better to have more psi or more gallons?

and just out of pure curiosity

why doesnt anyone  run the air from the dump valves back into the tank?

Well if you are runnin a nitrogen bottle or somethin-- then of course more PSI- cause if you got a bottle with even jus a 1000psi in it-- and run it at 150psi on the regulator-- then it would break down and last alot longet than say a 20 gallon tank at 150psi. NOW-- of you run 10 gallons at 150psi compared to a 20 gallon at 100 psi- the 10 gallon would be more efficient -since more pressure is used in lower spurts.
Im not sure if Im makin this make sense to ya-- I hope this might help a little bit.

As far as dumpin the air bac into the tank-- it doesnt work because of the pressure needed to go bac in the tank.

If you tank is at 150psi- and you try and dump the air into it--- but the air bein dumped is only comin out at anything less-- then it wont allow it to force itself bac into the tank. You will hit the dump and nothing will happen.

Now say your tank is almost empty- with lie 25 psi in it- and then you dump it and the air bein dumped is comin out the dump valve at 50 psi- then it would go into the tank-- but that cant be done consistantly-- it would only work when the tank is lower than the bag dump pressure- which would be a waste of time to try and run solenoids to change the dumpin direction....

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SWIPH@Jan 10 2009, 03:28 AM~12660681
Well if you are runnin a nitrogen bottle or somethin-- then of course more PSI- cause if you got a bottle with even jus a 1000psi in it-- and run it at 150psi on the regulator-- then it would break down and last alot longet than say a 20 gallon tank at 150psi.  NOW-- of you run 10 gallons at 150psi compared to a 20 gallon at 100 psi- the 10 gallon would be more efficient -since more pressure is used in lower spurts.
Im not sure if Im makin this make sense to ya-- I hope this might help a little bit.
As far as dumpin the air bac into the tank-- it doesnt work because of the pressure needed to go bac in the tank.

If you tank is at 150psi- and you try and dump the air into it--- but the air bein dumped is only comin out at anything less-- then it wont allow it to force itself bac into the tank. You will hit the dump and nothing will happen.

Now say your tank is almost empty- with lie 25 psi in it- and then you dump it and the air bein dumped is comin out the dump valve at 50 psi- then it would go into the tank-- but that cant be done consistantly-- it would only work when the tank is lower than the bag dump pressure- which would be a waste of time to try and run solenoids to change the dumpin direction....

right i didnt think about that it would just let air out of the tank until it equalized or something broke

i was having an idiot moment apparently :biggrin:

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Jan 10 2009, 11:40 AM~12662360
right  i didnt think about that    it would just let air out of the tank until it equalized or something broke

i was having an idiot moment apparently  :biggrin:
well you would run a chec valve flowin into the tank so that the tank wouldnt let iar out- but that still doesnt change the psi situation goin into the tank ;)

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by SWIPH@Jan 10 2009, 12:58 PM~12662463
well you would run a chec valve flowin into the tank so that the tank wouldnt let iar out- but that still doesnt change the psi situation goin into the tank ;)
check valve wouldnt work there would be more pressure holding it shut then there would be to open it

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Jan 10 2009, 12:25 PM~12662635
check valve wouldnt work  there would be more pressure holding it shut then there would be to open it

Well you wouldnt do any of it at all is the point-- Im jus sayin that that would be the way to keep the tank fROm letin air out at all-- but all in all NONE IOF IT WORKS- thats why you wouldnt do it

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SWIPH@Jan 10 2009, 01:36 PM~12662699
Well you wouldnt do any of it at all is the point-- Im jus sayin that that would be the way to keep the tank fROm letin air out at all-- but all in all  NONE IOF IT WORKS- thats why you wouldnt do it
yeah i was being a retard :(

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Jan 10 2009, 12:44 PM~12662741
yeah i was being a retard  :(
Dont worry- I asked my cousin the same question when I first got involved with airbags :biggrin:

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually knew the answer already just wasnt thinking right or something :angry:

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by dekay24@Jan 10 2009, 02:46 PM~12663466
seen a guy run his dumped air into a reserve tank that fed his comps. i guess it worked kinda like a turbocharger, but on compressors.

would probably kill em faster though. :dunno:

So how much PSI was in that tank at most?????

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by dekay24@Jan 10 2009, 05:48 PM~12664570
it had i guage, but didnt see. i would guess less than 15psi.

THats my point- 15psi aint doin shit for an air system. I mean even my mazda with 3600lb bags in the fROnt take 20psi to lift it off the gROund- and to this day still havent seen another vehicle that can do it with less-- so 15 aint doin nothin- thats jus a waste of time ;)

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by eyeneff@Jan 10 2009, 06:33 PM~12664889
I was thinking about this just the other day. :cheesy:
Thanks for breaking it down SWIPH. :cool:
You gotta thank THE REV to- he posted the topic :biggrin:

·
Against the Grain
3,604 Posts
Originally posted by SWIPH@Jan 10 2009, 11:53 PM~12667016
THats my point- 15psi aint doin shit for an air system. I mean even my mazda with 3600lb  bags in the fROnt take 20psi to lift it off the gROund- and to this day still havent seen another vehicle that can do it with less-- so 15 aint doin nothin- thats jus a waste of time ;)
no, your misunderstanding. his reserve tank(with dumped air at low psi) was fed to his intake on his compressor, acting like a turbocharger to his copmressors, making them pump faster....... not feeding directly to his bags.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 11 2009, 09:10 AM~12668917
this is what your looking for, Dough Dehaven has got it all figured out. i have seen the gauges on move on his fill times. it is unreal to say the least.
http://www.landisusa.com/air3.html
Yup it truly is amazing to see the speed he achieves. Just wonder when its going to be be on the market. Its been years since he came up with the idea.

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 11 2009, 09:10 AM~12668917
this is what your looking for, Dough Dehaven has got it all figured out. i have seen the gauges on move on his fill times. it is unreal to say the least.

gotta love them engine drivens- and this BOOST wasan incredible addtion :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Originally posted by dekay24+Jan 11 2009, 10:04 AM~12668696-->
no, your misunderstanding. his reserve tank(with dumped air at low psi) was fed to his intake on his compressor, acting like a turbocharger to his copmressors, making them pump faster....... not feeding directly to his bags.
[/b]
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2009, 11:10 AM~12668917
So that's just running lines from the dumps into a 5 gallon reserve. Then lines from the reserve tank run to the intake on the comps?

<!--QuoteBegin-nyccustomizer
@Jan 11 2009, 12:10 PM~12669237
Yup it truly is amazing to see the speed he achieves. Just wonder when its going to be be on the market. Its been years since he came up with the idea.
Hell yeah, I have two 380's on a 12 gallon and it takes almost double the time to fill.

I have a couple extra tanks, fittings, and some line in the garage right now... :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts