LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
autotek sx1200 amp (700watts) when the level is raised up on the amp..i keep blowing the inline fuse on the power ..fuse was a 30 i think .. would it be safe to upgrade it to a higher fuse.. with out the possibility of a fire

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Souinds like he needs an inline 50 amp fuse, I doubt he's pulling any more than that from that amp.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Sep 13 2005, 07:58 AM~3804161
:(
autotek sx1200 amp (700watts) when the level is raised up on the amp..i keep blowing the inline fuse on the power ..fuse was a 30 i think .. would it be safe to upgrade it to a higher fuse.. with out the possibility of a fire

30 is way toooo small homie,, if you are running 4awg, run a 50-75 amp fuse or breaker.

-J

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Yep, what fuses do you have on the AMP. If you got dual 30's then that is a 60 amp. I would hit up a 80 amp to have some room for spikes

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
being that the inline fuse is there to protect the wire (so that doesnt burn up and do wierd shit)...

if your using a 4awg hot wire, do like 1ofaknd said and just flow with a 150 fuse (because a 4awg wire can handle 150)...

if your using an 8awg hot wire, use a 70 inline fuse (because an 8awg can handle i think its either 70 or 75, i know its one of those for sure though)...

or if you wanna do it by the books, add up the fuses you have on your amp, and the sum of that number will be the fuse rating of your inline fuse...if you cant get a fuse to match your sum, then get the next higher rated fuse to run...

but almost all ppl, myself included, match the fuse with what the wire can handle because thats why it there in the first place...

-qs

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
We got into this before, about the fusing, and yes I do understand that the fuse is there for the wire, but I still think that you should not use a 150 amp fuse for a Amplifier that is rated at 80 amps. The reason that I like to go closer to the voltage of the Amp is so that if a short happens, then you will pop that fuse before your Amps fuses go. That way you don't lose both. Like in the case of Amps with Internal fuses, that shit is a bitch to get too.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 14 2005, 01:27 PM~3814373
We got into this before, about the fusing, and yes I do understand that the fuse is there for the wire, but I still think that you should not use a 150 amp fuse for a Amplifier that is rated at 80 amps.  The reason that I like to go closer to the voltage of the Amp is so that if a short happens, then you will pop that fuse before your Amps fuses go.  That way you don't lose both.  Like in the case of Amps with Internal fuses, that shit is a bitch to get too.
gracias

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
/\ i could have sworn i already told you that....

Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 13 2005, 09:17 PM~3808884

or if you wanna do it by the books, add up the fuses you have on your amp, and the sum of that number will be the fuse rating of your inline fuse...if you cant get a fuse to match your sum, then get the next higher rated fuse to run...

-qs

i did, i did tell you that...

-qs

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 15 2005, 05:04 PM~3822871
/\ i could have sworn i already told you that....
i did, i did tell you that...

-qs
He must like me, but Yes you did, yes you did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts