LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scanner isn't working right now (some kind of driver issue) and my camera is not working very good.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, the reason why I am excited about this issue is because I am featured on pages 30 and 31.

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 30 2003, 07:49 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you and Yes I am Vicente.
I got this issue early from freelance photographer Dave Hotchkiss who shot the photos of my models.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's Man of Steel (the Super Man bike) Owner: Sebastian Paz from Tucson Arizona from Nemesis Bike Club.

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 30 2003, 08:10 PM

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 30 2003, 07:04 PM
It's Man of Steel (the Super Man bike) Owner: Sebastian Paz from Tucson Arizona.
congrats with the LRB. i going to hit up a few spots that get this mag before it hits the newstand. when does it come out? and Sebastian pretty kool vato, he made it as the centerfold bike. i havent talk to him since the vegas show.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did this happen? How did I get my models featured in LRB, well all I did was write an email to Nathan Trujillo back in August of this year. I sent him some photos of my models and he reviewed them. A week later he contacted freelance photographer, Dave Hotchkiss form Albuquerque New Mexico to take some photos of my models. The reason why I did not say anything earlier on this forum about me being featured is because I wasn’t sure if it was really going to happen. And I didn’t want to say something unless I knew for sure that my models would be shown.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Nov 30 2003, 07:17 PM
How did this happen? How did I get my models featured in LRB, well all I did was write an email to Nathan Trujillo back in August of this year. I sent him some photos of my models and he reviewed them. A week later he contacted freelance photographer, Dave Hotchkiss form Albuquerque New Mexico to take some photos of my models. The reason why I did not say anything earlier on this forum about me being featured is because I wasn’t sure if it was really going to happen. And I didn’t want to say something unless I knew for sure that my models would be shown.
I might have to do that. but I have to practice on my skills,m and make a few more models

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Mad I looked through the whole thing and couldn’t find any of your modes. Also I would like to let the people from WFMCC know that when the photos were taken and when I was interviewed, that I was not a member of Wicked Fantasies Model Car Club at the time. And there is no mention of the club in the magazine. Later on I did contact the publisher to se if they could add that info to the magazine and all they said was that they would see what they could do but they didn’t. SORRY guys :(

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 30 2003, 10:09 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The photographer told me they should be out by the second week of December.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave Hotchkiss the photographer was kind enough to give me a CD with photos of my models which were not used in the Magazine.

I painted the mural of Speedy a day before the photo shoot. This car doesn't even have an engine in it yet.

and a close up of the inside of the 50 Chevy truck (note the opened glove box)

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Nov 30 2003, 10:01 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll try to but keep in mind that my camera doesn't work that well and my scanner doesn't work at all right now.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
cool man, somebody sent pics of some of my stuff in to them about month and 1/2 ago. i didnt think it would be in there this soon if at all. hell, when there are car shows that get covered they dont print them till 3 or 4 months later. lol

i'm like you about not wanting to say anything ahead of time.
i wouldnt had mentioned anything about mine right now but i'm kind of pissed off about the fact that somebody else sent them in for me.
i mean its cool that somebody would do that. and that they think that highly of my work but........ i had already planned on sending some stuff in myself later on. and of stuff that i actually wanted my name to be associated with. you know what i mean?

hey, im wondering........ they sent a photographer out to you. well, i am a photographer so i'm wondering if they'd just let me do my own shoot and send the stuff to them if it ever came down to it?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts