LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by iseeyouhatin@Aug 11 2005, 03:38 AM~3589547
[attachmentid=241636]MTX IS SOME DUMB BITCHES, NO ONE NEEDS A SUBWOFFER THAT BIG ANY OBNE WHO BUYS THAT IS A FAGGOT BITCH
and to think that big-ass thing running off of 6,000watts (right?) is only capable of 130db... :thumbsdown:

we have 12's that have a mounting depth no more then 12 inches, and when given just a little under 1,000watts, will kiss 145db if placed in a box worthy to mount it...

i think this is the only time its safe to say that size DOESNT matter...

-qs

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 11 2005, 02:14 PM~3594597
and to think that big-ass thing running off of 6,000watts (right?) is only capable of 130db...  :thumbsdown:

we have 12's that have a mounting depth no more then 12 inches, and when given just a little under 1,000watts, will kiss 145db if placed in a box worthy to mount it...

i think this is the only time its safe to say that size DOESNT matter...

-qs
Only time? How 'bout Indy V8s/V12 at 3.2L. They'll sure as hell outdo bigger V8s. What about rally engines? What about computers?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by Conceptz2003@Aug 11 2005, 03:37 PM~3594385
i seen that shit on P.m.R they put it in that piece wonder how fast thats going to get stolen
might have a bit of trouble tryin to run away with a 369 lb. sub :uh:

its not worth having anyway...being the piece of shit that it is.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm it can get louder.........mtv probly made them cut the amps down to a safer level....

mtv is responsible if somthing in one of the cars hurts somone ...and that thing loock like it could hurt someone....

it'st like when they made em take the flame throwers off the mustang.....

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
ghetto fabulous has taken a whole new meaning.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
www.true22.com

There is already an Esculate thats been had one installed. Its in a 8 cu^ft ported enclosure and still hits under 145db. . .

The sub is a big ol fucking boat anchor and nothing more.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by DeAdPhLow@Aug 12 2005, 01:58 PM~3604746
www.true22.com

There is already an Esculate thats been had one installed. Its in a 8 cu^ft ported enclosure and still hits under 145db. . .

that would be cool if it did 145 at say...10hz? :cheesy:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by DeAdPhLow@Aug 12 2005, 01:58 PM~3604746
www.true22.com

I don't think the DB has anything to do with it, like always someone builds a sub that hangles large amounts of Power. If that thing really absorbs 6500 watts. Nevermind, it is discusting that people just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Aug 15 2005, 09:40 AM~3625284
I don't think the DB has anything to do with it,  like always someone builds a sub that hangles large amounts of Power.  If that thing really absorbs 6500 watts.  Nevermind, it is discusting that people just don't get it.

never heard of an SPL competition where db doesnt have anything to do with it, but the amount of power your sub can handle does....

does it matter if that thing absorbs 6,000watts?? in my eyes, no

if a sub that can only handle 800watts is able to get just as loud (if not louder) then a sub that can handle 6,000watts, then i believe that the 6,000watt sub is a waste of money, power (buying all those amps and batts), time, and construction...

i understand that you dont have to give a sub the maximum it can handle just for it to perform well, but you gotta give it atleast 3/4ths of what it can handle for it to be worth the trouble(in this case, 4500watts)...considering the amplifiers, batts, and all other power equipment you would have to purchase to get this thing booming, having it isnt worth it if its not capable of blowing every single sub application out of the damn water (and 80% of twin sub applications)...

-qs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts