LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on swapping out my rear end in my b body for a jaguar independant rear end , i know some mods will have 2 be done 2 get it 2 fit but is it easy 2 install hydros on that rear end? ive seen it done just wondering if it was difficult. Also will the rear of the car still lay frame with that rear end? its goin on a 91 caprice

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
The ones Ive seen had to use 2 pistons on each cylinder kind of like an extention of the cylinder. I dont know if this is the only way to do it, I dont have a jag rear end and I didnt really check it out that much.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Just curious why your going the Jag route? Seems like an odd choice.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Aug 21 2006, 01:30 PM~6011212
Just curious why your going the Jag route? Seems like an odd choice.
Good looking independent rear suspension. ;)

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Thats what I find odd though. I don't understand why someone would want to convert to independant, it just causes so many more problems with getting the wheels to align correctly and wear halfway decent. Lifted cars are already tricky to drive with solid rear axle type.

·
Registered
783 Posts
i seen a black impala with a IRS setup in lowrider magazine(i think it was a 59) sometime back in the nineties. it looked awesome with chromed out parts.
if your putting the jag setup on a showcar, i say DO IT. if its for a daily its prolly a waste of time

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
i have a vette rearend in my truck, so its pretty much the same concept, just different parts. you have to make sure that cylinder can swivel to accomodate the camber of jag rearend going up and down. they dont travel up and down like a traditional rearend, they sort of travel diagonally like this \ / <----- i dont know if that makes sense, but you know ;)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
i got a jag rearend 4 sale , hit me up if you are interested ..

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
the jag rear end is designed to work really well with in a small range. As soon as you start going beyond that range they're awful.

the outer-end of the lower arm should rarely travel to a point higher than the stock height of outer-end of the upper arm, and vise-versa.

Even the hotrod guys over here have loads of trouble when they try to get their cars very low with them handling like shit, most have ditched the jag stuff in favour of other custom setups.

The guys that fit them into Ford Pops with drag racing monster tyres in the rear have the opposite conditions, the alignment is too high and they too handle like shit (except in a straight line)

A lot of people try to strip the jag setup of the lateral bars, then they're even worse ! LOL...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by streetking@Aug 21 2006, 12:32 AM~6007759
I plan on swapping out my rear end in my b body for a jaguar independant rear end , i know some mods will have 2 be done 2 get it 2 fit but is it easy 2 install hydros on that rear end? ive seen it done just wondering if it was difficult. Also will the rear of the car still lay frame with that rear end? its goin on a 91 caprice
WHat's wrong with the factory rear end?

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
I think lowriders need to start taking a chances a little more. IRS is a pretty cool mod I think. Hot rodders do it all the time, and they've really grabbed onto air bags. Maybe check out some hotrod sites and checkout how they do it with bags, see how you can adapt it to hydros.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by PITBULL@Aug 24 2006, 06:02 AM~6031467
i got a jag rearend 4 sale , hit me up if you are interested ..
Pictures? What are you asking?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts