LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
i don't know how many people look at my thread but i need some help on my daughters bike

the top 2 holes on the fork are too close together. people always say you can just use a 26" steering tube, but personally, i dont know what the hell they're talking about. even if you get a longer steering tube, that doesnt change the geometry of the fork holes.
only way i have ever gotten it to work was to use a complete 26 inch fork. but then, the front wheel is waaaaaay out in front of the bike. some might hate it, some might like it. kind of an old-school 60's chopper look to it.
in your case, i would recommend making a new crown. leave the fork on the bike, but just remove the crown. leave the spring and bolt on the neck ring also.
swivel the fork at the bolt on the bottom of the t-tube, this will allow you to "pitch" the frame at the angle that works best for you.
a few simple measurements, a drill bit and a strip of aluminum...........make a custom crown that works for your application.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
I used 20 forks on my daughters bike works great and yes I used a longer t tube..
that pic has a smaller neck tube. the schwinn one is like 6.5 or 7 inches long, if i remember right

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
I had a set of 26" forks i did not like it so i put 20 on it and i have the longer t-tub in it i will try the custom crown thanks

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I had a set of 26" forks i did not like it so i put 20 on it and i have the longer t-tub in it i will try the custom crown thanks
u might want to try trimming the head tube at the top and bottom and also bend the neckring to a 9o degree angle then flip it up side down so it points downward.... just my two cents

301 - 320 of 329 Posts