LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey man youve helped me out before and im greatful i was wondering if you could help me out one more time. heres my prob.. i got the wiring done for me bags today and everything seems right..but the prob is i have to compressors and a seven gallon tank hooked up..and they'll kick on for like 5 or 6 seconds then shut of then on again for a sec then off. and the circit braker kicks out...and needs to be re set... whats uup.... shouldnt it just stay on till the max pressure for the pressure switch is reached then shut off...please..help ...JON

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so just put in an inline fuze.... thanks...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the positive to the braker is like 11 gauge the ground is 4 gauge. the batt to breaker is about 1 foot.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
and yes breaker are sometimes shit i had 2 just go bad like same day now i run 60 amp fuse

i ran 4 guage from battery to fuse (less than 18 inches bettween them)then to a splitter the type you use for stereo amps and i wire in my pressure switch power then another 4 guage strait to the compresser well grounded to frame of car with 2 4 guage gables

all the 4 guage i used was stinger audio

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks joe...i'm guna give a run tomarrow and try it out..and see what happens...thanks alot again...JOn

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by layds10@Jan 4 2004, 11:10 PM
thanks joe...i'm guna give a run tomarrow and try it out..and see what happens...thanks alot again...JOn
my new set up will be as: a battery in the trunk yellow top optima with a fosgate breaker same 4 guage cable set up will post pics if you want but tommorow need to take them first

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
just use a solenoid like the one pictured, main batt to one side, aux batt to the other, and hook an "ignition on" source to the "on" terminal of the solenoid...

that way, when the cars on, the batteries are connected together for charging, and when the cars off, theyre isolated from each other..

;)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 5 2004, 03:34 PM
just use a solenoid like the one pictured, main batt to one side, aux batt to the other, and hook an "ignition on" source to the "on" terminal of the solenoid...

that way, when the cars on, the batteries are connected together for charging, and when the cars off, theyre isolated from each other..

;)
what is a good size alternater for that

a 145 amp ok

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 5 2004, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 5 2004, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Jan 5 2004, 03:34 PM

;)

a 145 amp ok[/b][/quote]
shit, I was running the "stock" 95A and never had a problem..

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 5 2004, 05:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 5 2004, 05:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2004, 06:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh
@Jan 5 2004, 03:34 PM

;)

a 145 amp ok
shit, I was running the "stock" 95A and never had a problem..[/b][/quote]
i'm running a big stereo system also

1 - 16 of 16 Posts