LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my 64 wagon. I picked this up when I was 16 with the first $1500 I had ever saved(A small fortune to me at the time). It sat and collected dust for the next 8 years or so with not much done to it other than some parts collecting and the occasional move after my mom decided she didn't want to run a vintage car storage at her house. I wanted to wait a lil bit too to collect some experience in car building cause i wanted to do the majority of the work. Even at 16 I knew i didn't want it to look like a 16 year old built it. Anyway now at 25 I still got a lot to learn but have the means and ability to do it so here we are.

Quick run down on the car:

It has the original 327 in it which will most likely remain there but receive a few add ons. The interior is Original but was missing the door panels and some trim which i have since located thanks to ebay. Floor panels look clean with only a few spots i got to weld out back where the bottom of the trunk would be. body looks like it has a little filler under the paint but nothing major. I went to school for collision repair and paint re-finishing and worked at a collision repair shop for about a year so im always up for a challenge. Glass is all intact but the passenger side windows have some stubborn ass overspray that's holding on to that window for dear life. tried 0000 steel wool. didn't touch it. tried the razor blade at 45 degree angle and got some results but it hardly scraped the surface.
Bumpers and grill look good and useable but a tube grill on this thing has been looking sharp as hell in my head.

anyway i'll start posting some pics.
Here is what it looks like and pretty much where im at with it today

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im still pulling out the back seat and the rest of the interior so I can assess the damage and go from there. Then get the shopvac ready.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres when I got the Front and rear bench seats removed. felt like I was playing tug of war with the carpet but I got it off.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping for the best but expecting the worst when I finally got that carpet out and was pleasantly surprised. Everything seemed pretty solid and there was still a bit of factory paint left.

There was one spot some one else got too first. There was a piece of plastic that had about 6 screws holding it into the floor pan.

I was expecting it to be a gaping hole underneath that whole section but when I took it off

Just a few rust holes.

So here what we end up with. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres the last couple of parts i picked up:
I've got the tailgate glass, Windshield, And rear side glass(both sides) removed. need to remove a few more items before i can get to paint removal and body/metalwork.
I picked up some trim to.

·
PINCHE GABACHO
9,466 Posts
Here's my 64 wagon. I picked this up when I was 16 with the first $1500 I had ever saved(A small fortune to me at the time). It sat and collected dust for the next 8 years or so with not much done to it other than some parts collecting and the occasional move after my mom decided she didn't want to run a vintage car storage at her house. I wanted to wait a lil bit too to collect some experience in car building cause i wanted to do the majority of the work. Even at 16 I knew i didn't want it to look like a 16 year old built it. Anyway now at 25 I still got a lot to learn but have the means and ability to do it so here we are.

Quick run down on the car:

It has the original 327 in it which will most likely remain there but receive a few add ons. The interior is Original but was missing the door panels and some trim which i have since located thanks to ebay. Floor panels look clean with only a few spots i got to weld out back where the bottom of the trunk would be. body looks like it has a little filler under the paint but nothing major. I went to school for collision repair and paint re-finishing and worked at a collision repair shop for about a year so im always up for a challenge. Glass is all intact but the passenger side windows have some stubborn ass overspray that's holding on to that window for dear life. tried 0000 steel wool. didn't touch it. tried the razor blade at 45 degree angle and got some results but it hardly scraped the surface.
Bumpers and grill look good and useable but a tube grill on this thing has been looking sharp as hell in my head.

anyway i'll start posting some pics.
Here is what it looks like and pretty much where im at with it today

GOOD START :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'LL BE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FROM THE START CANT WAIT TO START ON MY WAGON

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Good luck on your build... :thumbsup:

My 1st impala was a 64 Wagon so i have a soft spot in my heart for these cars.

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
SOLID ASS PROJECT WAGON! BTW - I HAVE A FULL SET OF 64 IMPALA WAGON ONLY SIDE TRIM IF YOU HAVENT GOT IT.

·
stylish muthafucka
10,237 Posts
Yeah that 4 is in real nice condition, just needs a bath! lol I really like how those interior pieces are cleaning up..:)

·
PINCHE GABACHO
9,466 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
X64 wagon. :) are you going with the same color scheme?
Nah want to do something different from the Red and white Two-tone.
Still going back and forth on a few things but Want to do a Chrome Flake top With different shades of gold for Patterns. A different Gold pearl for the body but pattern out the dash and havent decided to pattern out the body too or just some striping and leafing and keep it simple.

Want to do some old school shit for sure though. Lay it out. But I want to upgrade to power steering and add disc brakes up front.
So I guess it will be kind of a mix of different era's but should look hard when finished.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks G. Been working on it but nothing pic worthy just yet. Body work on fenders and hood are just about done and im going to get the rust on he floor addressed here so I can weld it up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts