LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Cadillac Coupe Deville 3 pump 8 batteries
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I drive a 85 cutlass daily in chicago, bout 500 miles a week. I lowered the carand now I scrape my mufflers on everything, it's really gettin to be a pain. So I was thinkin, how bad would it be to install a small setup, not to dance, just raise and lower the car. no frame wrapping would be possible. Would this make sense? remember, it's chicago, there's snow on the ground half the year. If so, does anyone have a used setup that they can sell me 4 cheap? On a budget and just tired of scratching the hell out of the underside of my car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i had a friend with a 96 ranger with a 2 pump prohopper set , in michigan . he drove it threw the entire winter and didnt have any problems ? it was only one winter so he could have gotten lucky .

if you have to have them , maybe you could put warmers on the tanks to keep the fluid warm ?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
I know there have been a few threads on here before, and a few guys in the cold climates who have run juiced dailies. Their setups weren't crazy to begin with, but I think they ran a thinner oil in the winter and that was about it.

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
when I first started with my car I used to drive it to school all year round here in New england.... It lifted sorta slow in the cold but I never had a major problem. Getting traction was no problem either with the weight on the rear wheels but stopping sucked in the snow with the extra weight....

needless to say I ended up getting a winter car and redoing the caprice again anyways.. It hasn't seen a snow covered salty road in many years now....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.