LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to juice a truck where could i put everything? i know batts cant be in rain if i were to drive it in the rain so where would they go? and can the pumps be in the rain? i want to make a daily driver with 3 or 4 pumps and 10 batts? what you all think?
mike
(btw the truck would be a 55 or 56 chevy cameo)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought of that but they never look right to me. here is a pick i found a juiced 63 c10 with everything in bed but i dont think that is rain safe right?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got a friend who built a tonneau for a 48 ford pickup he took small angle iron and welded to the bed sides below the rail and made a tonneau with the same angle and then put a gasket in between it looks good but im not really sure. would they be ok in the bed as far as hittin the switches? i know its not much different then the trunk of a car but does it make enough of a difference to have to change ne thing?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
If you get water in the motors of your pumps, you're gonna burn them out quicker.
Whenever you get water on batteries the run-off has acid in it and will fuck up the bed of your truck. If it's a daily driver you're gonna need a cover.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by lowriding 'lane@Jul 26 2005, 07:29 AM
you could just put the batts along the side of the bed, and build a metal box over them with a cover and a gasket  :dunno:  i think that'd look cool if it was done right, and it would protect the batteries
[snapback]3481060[/snapback]​
That's a good idea. Then just make somethin similar to an exhaust heat shield for the motors on the pump. Just to make sure you don't get water in the motors.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
What about under the bed and if your using optima yellow tops you mount them dont stick out too much by using maybe a roll pan. :dunno:

·
Registered
970 Posts
i would build a sealed box to act as a trunk in the bed :) install the hydros inside and if youd like, cover the box with some nice classsic wood....and maybe even lay the wood down in the bed so it matchs and adds a lil sumthing to the truck.......and maybee even add a plexiglass window ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the help guys i think im gonna have my friend build me a cover similar to his. and then put every thing under that. anyone got more pic of juiced full size trucks (chevys whould be best but any are good) thanks again
mike

·
Registered
311 Posts
SHIT!! It has never occured to me about this. I`ll soon be puttin a setup in my truck, and had plans to set it all up exposed. So this is NOT a good idea?? If not, should I make some kind of inclosure? Should it have circulation or what? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
311 Posts
What kind of truck ya got? Only thing, I dont want to do a bedcover on mine, I`ll be doing alot of bent tubing work and would like it all visible. How are the pumps when exposed to weather? Anything I could do to them to help make waterproof? (stupid Q maybe, lol)

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
My homie had an S10 with juice ran at 24v in the bed with no cover and drove it as a daily. Was his only transportation. Never had any trouble with it. I was always tellin him it was gonna fuck up..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts