LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buick finally died so I am looking for a new car. I came across a g body with 2 competition hi low pumps, and like six batterys. Would it be a good idea to buy it? I drive alot like go on trips all the time, and drive around town. I put around 100 miles a day on my car. Would it be a good idea to get a car with hydros when i go 75-90mph on the hwy.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
no. stiffer springs make the car harder to handle even @ 60mph. plus all the extra weight from the set up wont be good on gas mileage.

believe me, having a lo lo for a daily is a great idea, but 100 miles a day.....sounds risky....i wouldnt want some idiot to hit my pride and joy in car accident. these car take alot of $$ to build and to have it wrecked in an instant doesnt sound like fun to me.

statistcal fact...the more your car is on the road, the more likely you are to get in an accident

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
you'd be crazy to even try doing 90 on small ass wire wheels and with hydros in the trunk....

there are some things you can do to the car to make it more road friendly like, springs, shocks, accumulators..ect...

but if you're driving 100 miles a day.... I don't know about that... your going to be pissing away gas left and right witht he extra weight in the trunk and you'll go through tires like crazy..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that you could get your camber and tow set at a certin ride height, and if you ride at that height then your tires wont wear out fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts