LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so once again I've came to the fork in the road, Juice or Bags. A question that has been asked a ton of times..But I have no idea what to go with, and yeah I know its a thing I just gotta figure out for myself, but I figured I'd ask you all for some input. Like I mentioned I own a 88 Mazda B2200, at first I wanted to go with Bags just because my last ride (81 Regal) had juice and I had too many problems with it..like a slightly twisted frame, broke my a arm's on each side on two different occasions, both times the guy who fixed them said they'd be alright. So bags seemed like a little less of a head ache. But now I am kinda missing the kinda of performance I got with juice..bags are good but you just don't get the same thing from them. So if I do juice it I am gonna go with a basic fbss set up, not lookin to hop or 3 wheel just yet. So my questions are 1: Should I box in my entire frame? 2: Would a 4 link work better than a 3 link and 3: just give me any insight that any of you might have as to what would work best on my truck..Oh yeah and it will have 18" rims if that matters. Any help at all will help me a hell of a lot.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I will be using accumulaters and which set up would be best...Pro Hoppers Pro Comp kit, Show Time's Street Black, Show Chrome, or Professional Kit..and last choice will be MIC's Hydro kit.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Why did you post in the Hydraulics forum if you are asking about bags? Everybody here is going to tell you to get juice. :biggrin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know..but I am kinda leaning towards Juice anyways, just cause every since I sold my regal I've been missing hittin them switches. The reason why I posted it in the hydro section was just to get some input as to what set up, renforcing and what not to go with. :biggrin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would take alot of work to put 20's on a B2200, I've seen it done and it looks ok, but I was thinkin more along the line of running 17"s or 18"s.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
hummm bags or juice...its hard to really decided. i was going with juice ...but that was before i figured i didnt have the time to do it right, wrapping the frame switching out frames and that kinda thing. so if you got the time to do it right go with the juice.
BUT i have seen air out perform juice. and i have switches for my air ride...so you would miss hitting switches :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Here you go slim. I say go with bags. Why? 'Cause it sounds like if you get juice you're just gonna beat the shit out of it like you did the last one. Then I have to here more people saying that juice isn't shit. So just go with bags and all will still be right with the world.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With my last ride I really did'nt abuse it..The problemw as more with the person who did the install. There was alot of faulty work done, that and things were'nt done when they were said to be. And at the time I knew nothing about hydro's...know I know more about them and how they work and how to fix problems I may encounter. I have plenty of time to do either install...I am in no hurry to get it done. But if I do go with Juice I would probably box in the whole frame just to be on the safe side. But I guess I still have to figure out what to go with first. But thanks for the input guys :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
ill tell ya the real deal dogg, i suggest air cuz of the fact that hydroes r high maintanence ..thats the only down fall to hydroes... if your lookin for up and down no hoppin or dancin go with air and save your frame reinforcement money to buy some sticky icky and smoke while you enjoy your air...u already had hydroes so maybe its time ta try something new... ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
mazdas frames are box frames from the factory, you could still reinforce the frame though,, just thought id throw that in here :biggrin: if you run a four link,, dont plan on huge lift on the rear, unless you plan on building your own four link,, and dont use hiem joints for it,, use johnny joints, they pivot side to side much better, and are a hell of a lot stronger than heim joints,, check out
suicidedoors.com and go to four link kits, then scroll down and look for the "super pivot bar ends" that he uses on some of his 4 links,, theyre actually johnny joints. to see them assembled, look at the super pivot four link bars. dont mind the prices though,, you could build your own four link, with those joints. check out some four wheel drive websites to find the johnny joints a little cheaper.
hope this helps.... peace

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
ok i've done lots of bag installs on Mazda trucks.. and i say go with hydroz. the bag takes up too much space and you have to worry at full lift if the upper ball joint is going to come in and touch the bag.Plus you have to install a shock somewhere. and that takes up more space. a cylinder takes up little space and with accums rides much nicer..I use to have bags on my toyota truck and now i got droz much better more lift nicer ride at all hieghts. and you don't need to reinforce the frame your not hoppin the thing.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Originally posted by DRAGGINTOY@Dec 20 2003, 11:21 AM
ok i've done lots of bag installs on Mazda trucks.. and i say go with hydroz. the bag takes up too much space and you have to worry at full lift if the upper ball joint is going to come in and touch the bag.Plus you have to install a shock somewhere. and that takes up more space. a cylinder takes up little space and with accums rides much nicer..I use to have bags on my toyota truck and now i got droz much better more lift nicer ride at all hieghts. and you don't need to reinforce the frame your not hoppin the thing.
He did make several valid points, alot of it has to do with the install wether its juice or bags. You can make juice ride like bags and perform better.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
with that post about space issues and the fact that you said your not ready to hop or 3 wheel "yet" you have me leaning towards juice.....actually the whole space issues thing makes me say juice..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mazdas frames are box frames from the factory, you could still reinforce the frame though,, just thought id throw that in here  if you run a four link,, dont plan on huge lift on the rear, unless you plan on building your own four link,, and dont use hiem joints for it,, use johnny joints, they pivot side to side much better, and are a hell of a lot stronger than heim joints,, check out
suicidedoors.com and go to four link kits, then scroll down and look for the "super pivot bar ends" that he uses on some of his 4 links,, theyre actually johnny joints. to see them assembled, look at the super pivot four link bars. dont mind the prices though,, you could build your own four link, with those joints. check out some four wheel drive websites to find the johnny joints a little cheaper.
hope this helps.... peace
Ok, Lets say that at some point I do want to hope and 3 wheel...since the frame is already boxed in how would I reinforce it? Just do a normal frame wrap? And how hard is it to build your own 4 link? I think I've seen some kits that give you all the stuff needed but they come with hyme joints. On your 89 Mazda do you have the rear frame notched? If I do run accumulators would I necessarily (sp) have to use coils? If so what would be the best coil to use? 3/4..1 ton..??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yeah...Groundeddawg..you said I would'nt get a good lift with a 4 link...would the same go if I used a Cantilever 4 link? A guy told me that you get the most lift when using a cantilever 4 link as oposed to a regular 4 link.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Bag it

It's a truck so unless you want to hop it just bag it

Just my opinion :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
for the 4 link, get a kit with bushing ends, use the longest bars as possible, and run them all forward, even if you have to move your fuel tank. cantilevers are not for hydraulics, just use longer cylinders. and yeah, you need springs with accumulators, 3/4 ton should be fine. suicidedoors.com has good prices and nutsack products

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
for the 4 link, get a kit with bushing ends, use the longest bars as possible, and run them all forward, even if you have to move your fuel tank. cantilevers are not for hydraulics, just use longer cylinders. and yeah, you need springs with accumulators, 3/4 ton should be fine. suicidedoors.com has good prices and nutsack products
Do you know of any site that sells do it yourself 4 link kits? If not what type of round stock should I use to build my own? And for the longer cylinders...would a 10" work or would I need a 12"? Moving the fuel tank would'nt be a problem since I plan on building my own anyways.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts