LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start a topic on some of the work I've been doing lately. My homie brought his bagged 03 Town Car in for more work but this time to remove the air bags and install hydro's. Some might remember the topic from over a year ago (http://www.layitlow.com/forums/13-hydraulics/571674-i-am-trying-tuck-13x7-reverse-offset-wires-my-03-town-car.html) where I did the swap so he could run 13's. I got a lot of good info from Frank and Will out at Franks Hydraulics in AZ before starting. The car is running 3 pumps 6 batts, I will post a few more pics during the week as I have time but here are the first two pics.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks homie! I'm going to change the ball joints today and pull it out of the garage for the first time and I'll take some better pics.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
:420::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what I started with last year. I was driving on my way to work and saw this in a parking lot so I went into all the surrounding businesses until I found the owner. May seem strange but when you are the only lowrider in the area you get pretty excited anytime you see anything lowered with wires. At the time it had 13" bolt-ons using a 2" spacer and full air ride.

Look how far the wheels stuck out :barf:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So he waited till this year and I pieced a setup together with pumps and cylinders I had laying around and I started pulling this out that was done by a local hack shop.There were several times the car nearly caught on fire becasue of all their bad wiring but I saved it.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna skip some pics cause I can only post ones I took with my phone for now but will post up the camera pics later. Here is some of the work done to the front. The rear arches are also plated but those pics are on my camera

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
nice

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn crazy lockup :thumbsup: any pics of it layed out now? Did u still use the stock aluminum lower arm?
I don't have pics with it laying but I have a video I'll post up once it uploads. Still using the stock aluminum lower, for now since its just lay and play.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 03 is the strut setup in front right?
If so, can you post more pics of the front?
Yes the 03 uses struts from the factory. I reinforced the strut mount and installed the front cylinder coil-over with hyme joints and a 4" cylinder extension from Hydroholics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts