LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a Prohopper Pro-x front kit, and my homie or North Tampa Customs will install it, just wanted to know if anyones ever juiced this type of car :dunno:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
They are one of the easiest installs that I have done. The only problem was is if your trying to lay frame then you will have to cut out the floor so the the pumpkin won't hit. Also, just like other trucks depending on the size of rims and tires you might have to knotch your frame.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ive installed switches on regals cuttys s10s caddis, which are all basicly the same suspention in one way or another, if you got any question post it up i can give you reliable advice

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have a 92 s10 blazer, it has hydraulics now but the cylinders are on the leafs...im putting powerballs in and 2 ton coils in about a week, so if you want i could take pics

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, post some pics, and BTW im going front only 13,s and not laying frame, just basically a lift and dump and maybe some hopping, i just want to know if this kit is good, and give any snags that youve had in the setup, in the front :thumbsup: :puffin:
thx dogg,
hydryan

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm juicing my 85 4x4 Blazer right now,i can't be much help with the front cuz mine is closer to a Mazda or Nissan that GM rides. My back is just like any s-dime though. I actually just finished the back tonight, i'm still greasy.
I chain bridged it, coil overs, 5" c-channel crossmember. #10 Red's cylinders, 2 1/2 ton red's coils (about 5 turns)
This is the first time i've ever installed them, i learned ALOT on the way, i'm STILL not sure exactly how to wire everything up, but i'll figure it out.
Thing is, watch out, and plan everything out first, the wheel well of my truck used to sit about 1" over the tires, on 18's...like it does in the Avatar. Since i added the springs and all the other brackets and shit, the top of the wheel well is like 5-6 inchs over the tire dumped out,...looks stock height,...and when i lifted it up, it only lifted another 4 3/4" before the mono-leaves stretched out all the way., sux....tomorrow im gonna cut down some stock s-dime coils to like 4-5 turn, and make some reverse deep cups see if i can get it back down,...also make a panhard bar, then cut off the back of the leaves and make it 3 link...i don't care to hop, all i want is standing 3 wheel.
Trust me, and all the hydro-vets....plan your shit out first, i've bagged plenty of trucks, mostly s-10's,...dros are the same principle, but a whole different ball game!!! I can fully bag an s-10, c-notch, truss, notched low control arms, lay frame all the way around in about 1 1/2 days, taking my time,....JUST THE BACK of my Blazer has taken me almost 2 weeks, with average of 3-4 hours per night
Hola back if you have any questions, need pics or anything man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts