LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says, gonna juice my 73 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance with a 2 pump 4 dump 4 accumulator setup.
i want it to just not lay frame so it sits like 1/4 inch above ground so ill be able to just roll it fully dumped.
would offcourse also like as much lift as possible so looking to do 10" cylinders in the front and 14" in the back, dont know for sure if i can make that work...
i think its best to put it on 175/70/14 or even maybe 15s. definatly need some 6" wide wheels instead of 7 for the rear cause i test fitted my homies 14x7 zeniths and it was to close...
for the springs i was thinking about 3 tons in the front and og front ones in the rear for a smoother ride but since ill be putting accumulators that dont matter so better to put like 4,5 ton coils in the front so it wont move to much when dumped to prevent me from hitting the crossmember.
just let me know your toughts and experience, wanna do this the right way cause its my first car i ever bought and still have it, cant part with it this is my baby...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
allready pmed him and replied on both his topics, hope i get an answer soon :)
im stuck with my wheels, im from belgium and there are no wheels round here so its not that easy...
im just wondering if a 14x6 with 175/75/14 tire will fit in the rear witht the standard rear axle???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not more then 10s in the back? why not? I think there's room enough for even maybe 14 but I'm going for 12 first.
also think I found a way to put 10s up front without destroying anything but have to look into it a lil more ;)

·
Exclusive Prez
3,281 Posts
most of the time in the front it won't matter if you put longer cylinders, i think even 8" cylinders aren't fully extend when your a-arm bump stop is allready hitting the frame so puttin 10's would'nt change a thing in front lockup G

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
not more then 10s in the back? why not? I think there's room enough for even maybe 14 but I'm going for 12 first. also think I found a way to put 10s up front without destroying anything but have to look into it a lil more ;)
It won't lay all the way down in the back with anything longer than a 10 inch cylinder. As far as 14x6's they will only work with the fractory rearend if they are Daytons or Zeniths because they have less back spacing than chinas. Chinas will rub for sure. 10's will only break stuff in the front. The back suspension is terrible also. Pinion angle is jacked the whole time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have you done à similar car already?the 10s in the front I will do if I find a way to change the neutral point of the front suspension, can't really explain what I'm thinking of but it's kinda like drop mounts. don't you think 12s would work in the rear? and about the pinion angle: if you don't put it high in the back when driving there's no problem I think, maybe I can extend the uppers to eliminate the angle

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
have you done à similar car already?the 10s in the front I will do if I find a way to change the neutral point of the front suspension, can't really explain what I'm thinking of but it's kinda like drop mounts. don't you think 12s would work in the rear? and about the pinion angle: if you don't put it high in the back when driving there's no problem I think, maybe I can extend the uppers to eliminate the angle
There's really no way to drop the arm down unless you are gonna really modify the frame. Yes I juiced a 76 fleetwood. It had 12's in the rear and wouldn't lay all the way down cause the cylinders hit the rear deck. I ended up dropping the top trailing arms down 3 inches and extending them an inch and a half. It works better but still isn't all that great.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
allright, thats to bad tough... im gonna try to make everything work but its good to het some info and expercience. you got any pics from that 76?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.